PDA

View Full Version : roger

roger
26-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Hi all. This is probably going to sound very familiar to some. I have a 1994 A80 TDI Avant. My problem is trying to find a workshop manual that is accessable:- Haynes are currently "thinking" about writing one, tried getting one off ebay but this would not load in to computer. HELP any ideas most welcome!!!

Ian W
26-02-2007, 11:39 PM
perhaps if you let us know the problem we may be able to help should we not manage to source you a manual?

welcome to the site by the way.

Ian

Sam
27-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Welcome aboard!

As Ian has said, there's a lot of knowledgeable folk here, try us.

MalcQV
27-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Welcome

perhaps if you let us know the problem we may be able to help should we not manage to source you a manual?

welcome to the site by the way.

Ian

I can vouch for that, I changed the headlight bulbs on mine, Haynes told me to remove the bumper.... When all that was required was a few plastic covers under the bonnet :p

roger
27-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Many thanks for the offers of help. As per normal with anything older and mechanical it is mainly just little niggly things.
A small concern at present is what i assume is a vacuum hose on top of the inlet manifold which at present has a short length of hose which has been bent over and then clamped, where the other end goes is a complete mystery !!.
Just at the moment car has gone away for serious surgery to the injector pump. Am anticipating miracles and probably a second morgage.

midskev
27-02-2007, 11:01 PM
hi roger mine had a small cap over it til it split so i put a piece of vacume hose on it with a screw in the end or u can get the cap from audi its been sealed on all the 80 tdis iv seen so leave it be.

roger
28-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Great that at least sorts that problem out:beerchug: , many thanks.