PDA

View Full Version : Whats It Worth?

orion1210
26-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Hi,

I'm considering buying an A3 and have found a really good A3 3dr 1.8T sport with full leather. It's got 48000 miles, first owner and full audi service history. Front and rear bumpers have had re-spray but no other signs of new paint on the car.

They're asking for £8500 but parkers say £7000, is the leather really worth £1500?

What do you honestly think the cars worth?

How many miles can you realisticly expect out of the 1.8t engine?

Thanks

davegwynn
26-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Hi there!

Not sure on the value of the A3, how old is it? Parkers do a personalised quote for a couple of quid that lets you specify trim, age and mileage, that might be of some use.

The 1.8T engine is pretty good, really widespread throughout VAG cars. Mine's done 176K, with nothing bar servicing done to it. No smoke, no rattles, pulls like a new motor. Essential to change the cambelt at recommended intervals though (and that is 60K).

orion1210
26-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Sorry a 2001 51 plate

RichieVWV6
26-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Hi,

Is it from a franchised dealer with full warrenty, MOT & tax etc??

My Glasses guide gives the value assuming climate control and desirable metallic paint at £8100 (give or take). Leather is only worth a max of £200 extra as an option.

I would try haggling down a bit, Parkers is always way off the "real" everyday prices.

I personally dont think its overpriced but theres room for a bit of haggeling!!

Good luck and let us all know what price you can get it too!

Ohh almost forgot does it have full service history??

Regards

Richard

orion1210
27-02-2007, 07:19 AM
thanks richie... three months warranty, non franchised dealer, climate control, 12months mot, no tax and full audi history and the ex lease parts fitted list... very interesting!!

I'll try for a deal

thanks again

RichieVWV6
27-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Hi Again,

Looking at the values, I would reckon 8k would be achievable, it is under mileage for its age and has full dealer service which is a big plus.

Have you seen anything similar that is cheaper to get a bench mark on?

Good luck anyway with a deal!

Regards

:beerchug:

orion1210
28-02-2007, 06:48 PM
GUTTED!!!!

Just as I feel confident in securing the car it sells!

At least I'm certain of my next choice of car!!

Do you know how rare the full leather interiors are? This one had Audi logos embroided on the seat backs.

I noticed the engine sat lower on the offside... is this normal?