PDA

View Full Version : audi a4 avant 2005-compatible cd changer

1660bob
28-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Hi all, got me a new toy,audi a4 avant tdi 2005 facelift model,it has a "concert" factory fitted stereo.
Can anyone tell me the correct glovebox audi cd changer for my car-there seem to be several subtle variations on ones offered on Fleabay, all I know at present is that it matters whether or not my car has F/F satnav-which it does not.
My car has steering wheel controls for the radio, and a three compartment glovebox.
I rang my local audi dealer and was told i would poss. need a new glovebox and the correct changer at a cost of approx £1,000,000,000,000,000 or so, but when I asked for the correct changer/lead part numbers i was told they cold not give part numbers out...........
this is probably fairly basic stuff but I am clueless at present and dont want to bid on the wrong changer on Fleabay, help appreciated, Bob.:confused:

KIDDAJOJO
03-01-2009, 05:45 PM
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=54802&highlight=AUDI+CD+CHANGERhiyya m8 i had the same problem with audi i contacted 4 different dealers and none of em had a clue!!! check this thread and this is what i did....
i ended up with one that's for a vw brought off e-bay for £60 deliverd got me cable £18 from audi worked a treat!!!

1660bob
05-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the info, I may have a tilt at a non sat-nav changer and hope for the best-(I can always re-sell if not compatible). My other option is to find an interface thingy for my Alpine chm620 changer and install it under the front seat, but the glovebox Audi set up is sooo neat..... Incidentally, i hastily removed my alpine unit from my old car before it was sold, and of course the magazine and my 6 favourite cd`s are still (stuck) in the unit..... DOH! what a wally!........ cheers, Bob.