PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Jetta Ipod Help

stevenmhopper
26-02-2007, 02:55 AM
I recently purchased a 2007 Jetta with a Ipod docking station in the armrest. I was hoping that someone would help with this. Could someone give me a detailed step by step instructions on how to allow this function to work, or post a link, the user manual was really now help. Thank you to everyone.

stevenmhopper
27-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Can no one help me on this subject?

Eshrules
27-02-2007, 11:29 PM
Can no one help me on this subject?

sorry for the slow reply, but the problem may lie in the fact that you have a (relatively) still new/rare car, there won't be a lot of people with the same issue,so youll find it difficult to get an answer, if its a new 2007 model, can the local dealership not help, they will normally assist in such issues?:beerchug:

Eshrules
01-03-2007, 10:19 AM
see... now thats just plain rude, not even replying to someone whos trying to help you out ...... :(

NicholasP
01-03-2007, 10:42 AM
I didnt reply to this thread because I have no experience with the 2007 Jetta. However I know in the BMW 1 series..theres a mini jack input near the arm rest called Aux In. Hence, where an auxilary device such as Ipod, discman, walkman...could connect to and be routed through the car stereo.

I suppose VW may have glorified this and called it an 'Ipod Docking station' OR they've stuck an actual Ipod dock in the armrest which I believe gives you the benefits of connecting your Ipod into the stereo system whilst also powering it..

Once connected, look to your head unit and cycle through the functions of the stereo..Ie radio..cd...aux input.. Or they may have called aux input Ipod input...Best way to find out is to the play the ipod, cycle through the various inputs until you can hear your ipod

Word of advice, set the volume on the ipod to about 75% and boost any extra volume via the head unit, and keep the EQ on your ipod FLAT and adjust bass or treble via the head unit..otherwise your music is likely to sound distorted..

Nick

stevenmhopper
01-03-2007, 11:27 PM
I am very sorry eshrules I have been very busy this week with work. I believe I knw how to get the ipod to work now. The dealership are a bunch of idiots so they aren't any help. I belive you have to name the folders in the ipod player cd1, cd2, cd3, cd4, cd5, and cd6. Than you can choose thos folders to play. Kinda like tricking the player into thinking the folders are cd's. I think but I am not really sure. If that is not correct please someone tell me.

LimEs
01-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Have you got the latest Ipod software? And that is the Ipod software and not Itunes software, not teaching you to suck eggs just making a distinction if you were unaware.

Apophis
02-03-2007, 02:54 AM
What is it with this fascination for Ipods? There are better mp3 players about.....Do Apple pay VW to put these docks in? I suppose they must do, otherwise we'd have nice Bose systems with mp3 compatability in our VWs .....not! ;)

Eshrules
02-03-2007, 09:36 AM
I am very sorry eshrules I have been very busy this week with work. I believe I knw how to get the ipod to work now. The dealership are a bunch of idiots so they aren't any help. I belive you have to name the folders in the ipod player cd1, cd2, cd3, cd4, cd5, and cd6. Than you can choose thos folders to play. Kinda like tricking the player into thinking the folders are cd's. I think but I am not really sure. If that is not correct please someone tell me.

LOL but you expected a reply in 24 hours.... :confused:

as for the folders system, that sounds very alike to how i create my mp3 cds to play in my sony head unit... i had a 6 cd changer and top loading cd player in the golf, but got irrated with only being able to fit 12/13 tunes on one cd, swapped it for a decent sony mp3 player with aux input and theres your fix, for a damnsite less than what vw and apple would want for the relevant parts needed!

i agree, i there must be some sort of brand agreement between vw and apple, otherwise, as has been said, we would have 'decent' sound systems installed with a proper MP3 functionality :Blush: