PDA

View Full Version : Please help!

Smartalex
28-12-2008, 11:37 AM
I have just returned home (kidderminster) from devon and had a nightmare driving my golf gt tdi 130,basically it kept getting to about 70-80 mph and then it was like someone putting a restrictor on it,i couldnt rev it and it would slowly slow down the only way i could fix it was by turning off ignition,which is very dangerous at 75mph,and turn it back on.
Its not once problem started it would happen maybe 10 times in 30 minutes,if engine was driven from cold it wouldnt happen until it had warmed up and done a few miles??
Also the computer is telling me its -10c outside,and keeps beeping at me to top up washer fluid,which doesnt need doing.
I am feeling like getting a sledge hammer and smashing it up right now.

So if anyone can advise me please help

Thanks.

con1981
28-12-2008, 08:31 PM
powerloss problem is turbo related possibly sticking vanes. You can buy turbo cleaner which should clear the gunk off it . Search on here for limp mode mate plenty have had this problem due to the exhaust gasses being recirculated back into the manifold

chris954
29-12-2008, 01:50 AM
coked up turbo without a doubt.the only solution is to remove the turbo and clean the crud off it or fit a replacement,i took mine back to the guy i bought it from and he took the turbo off and sent it to midland turbos to be cleaned out and have new bearings fitted, sorted it out straight away.

FLENG2008
29-12-2008, 12:36 PM
I Have The Same Problem , Had It For About A Year Now, Stupid Thing..
Must Get It Sorted Soon, But Yer Get The Turbo Replaxced Or Cleaned Out And You Will Be Good..