PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Jetta heater rheostat stuck on hot (bora uk)

mjarret1
25-02-2007, 11:55 PM
The rheostat dial that controls heater/ air conditioer temperatures is stuck on "hot only". I came back to the car last night and could not regulate the temperature at all. Anybody have an idea what the problem may be? ....rgds....mj

Eshrules
26-02-2007, 12:33 AM
The rheostat dial that controls heater/ air conditioer temperatures is stuck on "hot only". I came back to the car last night and could not regulate the temperature at all. Anybody have an idea what the problem may be? ....rgds....mj

umm, bit confused.... i assume you dont have climate control seeings you mentioned dials? .... any chance of a picture or more details.. im a bit perplexed by your post.

also, welcom to the forum! :biglaugh: please tell us all a little about yourself on the following thread :

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82

mjarret1
26-02-2007, 12:41 AM
no digital climate control settings....its just a manual dial that goes from cold to hot ....to control the heater / air conditioner temps.....just seems to be stuck on "hot".....will not allow me to lower the heater temp to the "cool zone".........sorry no photos.......rgds.....mj

Eshrules
26-02-2007, 12:57 AM
no digital climate control settings....its just a manual dial that goes from cold to hot ....to control the heater / air conditioner temps.....just seems to be stuck on "hot".....will not allow me to lower the heater temp to the "cool zone".........sorry no photos.......rgds.....mj

im confused... is the dial itself 'stuck' or does the temp not alter.... if you dont help us, we cant help you! :1zhelp:

mjarret1
26-02-2007, 12:59 AM
temp will not alter................rgds.........mj

Eshrules
26-02-2007, 01:02 AM
temp will not alter................rgds.........mj

pff tel you what mate, take the car to a garage, really cant be botherd wasting my time nor my effort if you cant be remotely bothered explaining the fault properly... anybody else who can is more than welcome to do so :approve: "rgds" Eshrules :approve:

mjarret1
26-02-2007, 01:05 AM
gimmi your phone number and i will call you.......rgds.........mj

Eshrules
26-02-2007, 01:07 AM
gimmi your phone number and i will call you.......rgds.........mj

:( umm no, i think youll find somewhere in the forums rules & conditions, this isnt actually allowed either, personal info etc etc..... this isnt just a 'problem' forum, it is encouraged for members to become active posters, helping others, therefore increasing the amount of members, increasing the amount of help and therfore everyone gets an answer to their issue.

you, good sir, are simply after one answer and that alone is all you want. you don't seem to have the effort to post full details of the fault , nor even the vehicle you drive and why on earth would i give my phone nmber to someone i dont even know :confused:

mjarret1
26-02-2007, 01:13 AM
if you go to this link.....
http://www.edmunds.com/used/2002/volkswagen/jetta/100003507/photos.html#
.....you will find a photo of the dash.....I thought my explanation was fairly clear.....sorry to offend you................mj