PDA

View Full Version : Used A5's not selling?

tlionhart
27-12-2008, 10:22 AM
When i was looking for a new or used car there was a few A5's that interested me. At the time, there was one up for what was the 'cheapest' -almost fully kitted A5 at £24995. (others were priced £27+) There is a limit I want to pay a month, but the dealer wouldn't reduce the price of the amount mentioned.

3 months have passed its now up for £22995....for that price i just brought a new A3-with everything on an 09' plate.

They still havn't sold it, nor have other cars that were around at the time been shifted.

Credit crunch? Although according to other sites-like A5 owners club, people are still putting orders in for the new S-line.

mactrack
27-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Have you got a web link or any further details on that A5? Thanks.

tlionhart
30-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Its in the used section of the audi site. Its in garment red. Think its at brighton or eastbourne audi. Has LED lights, alcantra seats, B&O sound system. Up for £22995
Also its a 1.8 T FSI. Shouldn't be too tough to find. Its also on a 57 plate with 8k on the clock. Which is a bargain.

passing
02-01-2009, 08:42 PM
cars are not selling full stop - the dealers I visited were on the phone incessantly when they learned I was in the market.
As for discounts - on an A6 (£400 road tax_ it was almost name your price to take it off our hands.

davidsheddan
10-02-2009, 01:40 AM
I've just picked up a brand new - unregistered A5 3.0Tdi Quattro Sport, fully loaded. MMI, Bluetooth High Prep, Metallic blue, Parking Sensors, Leather upgrade .... for....... £550pcm on a pcp.... the dealers just can't sell any cars.

Take an afternoon off work, go down to your local dealer, smile nicely, and then ask for ridiculous discounts and they will eventually arrive at the most insanely cheap prices u can imagine:-) :biglaugh:

Anyone got advice on iPod connectivity , prices in dealer or recommendations for fitting in the Glasgow Area

tlionhart
10-02-2009, 12:01 PM
how much deposit did you pay and how long is your PCP?

davidsheddan
10-02-2009, 03:49 PM
42 month PCP (will probably change in 36), I ended up putting in 1000, and the dealer coughed up around 2500.

Was a hell of a deal! I dont know if anyone has experience of the Lommond Group of Audi dealers in central Scotland, but don't bother with Glasgow- go straight to Ayr!

tlionhart
10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
42 month PCP (will probably change in 36), I ended up putting in 1000, and the dealer coughed up around 2500.

Was a hell of a deal! I dont know if anyone has experience of the Lommond Group of Audi dealers in central Scotland, but don't bother with Glasgow- go straight to Ayr!

mines 48 but gonna change it on 36 too. As for the deposit, same as me.