PDA

View Full Version : Heated rear window

pufforeek
26-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Help, The rear window heater is on constantly, it dosn't switch off manualy by pressing the switch again nor automaticly after four mins as it should. I thought it was down to a relay so I replaced it, still the heated window stayed on. Then my wife came home one day saying the rear passenger heating, rear wiper and rear window heater were not workin. I checked the fuses and found a blown 20A fuse no4 which is the rear passenger heater, Not having a spare I removed the one for the heated window to replace the blown one but when I tried it I found everything was working again including the heated window which now had no fuse and is still not switching off. Only thing I can think of is a wire shorting somewhere. Would anyone know the best place to start looking for the short or have any other explenation or thoughts.

Cheers in advance
David

max5765
03-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Hi David, Check the wires in the rubber gaitor that goes from the tailgate to the body, the off side one, there could be a break in there, it is common. I had a problem with broken wires here. They are a pain to get to, good luck:zx11: