PDA

View Full Version : fuel gauge jammed (upward)

KimberlyRJ
26-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Hi all

I would like to start by wishing everyone a very merry Christmas and I hope you all have a GREAT new year.

I have noticed that my fuel gauge keeps on getting jammed (and this effects the 'range' on the trip computer.

When I fuel the car the gauge will go upto around 88/90% and then stop, it won't go any higher.

As I drive the car it will drop, and when I refuel it again it will once again go up to around 88/90% and then top again...

The problem is also effecting the range as displayed on the trip computer.

The problem has only started over the past 4 days, but its quite silly as the car is only a few weeks old!

Any ideas how I can get around the problem? Has anyone else had this issue??

Kimberly.

Ps. The rest of the trip computer is working normally!

gregpawley
26-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Hi Kimberly,
I hope you are having a good Chrimbo, modern cars use a can bus system so the fuel tank sender supplies the digital information to both the trip computer and fuel gauge, sounds like you need a trip back to the main dealer.

Regards,
Greg.
On Order,
2009 A4 S Line, Lava Grey, Piano black inlays, Executive pack (leather alcantara, symphony stereo, cruise control, phone prep low), Interior light pack, B&O, heated seats and folding mirrors.

KimberlyRJ
26-12-2008, 06:40 PM
I have a feeling Im going to need to do that to, which is a pain in the bottom...

Have an Q5 on order (3.0TDi) hope she won't have any problems, so far I have had two trips to the dealer thanks to 'minor' problems which took them more then a day to fix...

:oS

Kimberly.