PDA

View Full Version : How To Audi A4 Cab Door Card Removal

Newt1
26-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Hey guys (and girls),

Trying to get the drivers door card off to fix this window regulator and the blummun thing just won't come off. Have removed 6 screws, 4 under the trim, 1 on catch end of door under popper and one self tapper from bottom of door, the clips have popped off round the trim but somethings holding it fast. Apparently you remove it by lifting it upover but just wont budge.

Theres a tiny hole in the end of the inside door handle grip, having looked in it with a torch there doesnt seem to be any screws inside or anything and cant think or see of anything else holding it in place.

Searches on the web only throw up old results from different model A4's with different trims. (Mines an A4 B6 2003)

Any ideas please ?

Thanks.

kite
26-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Just a guess but I think you have to remove the handle.

Newt1
26-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Theres definately either a screw or clip holding it in place on the handle but no panels or scres on the handle to be able to remove it, just this very smal hole. Other webistes mention a 4mm allen key which Ive stuck in there and fished for a bolt but cant find anything. Another website mentioned a 'special tool' cant see why you would need anything special for this.
I refuse to pay 4 hours labour for a window regulator at the dealers so must get this done myself.

Newt1
30-12-2008, 01:47 AM
OK, sorted this out now....

1. Remove trim by unclipping starting from front of car, the final clip slides out toward the back of the car, gently pulling and sliding at the same time.
2. Remove 4 screws from underneath trim.
3. Remove small screw at bottom of door under side pocket.
4. Remove electric window buttons by gently prying them out from the uppermost edge.
5. Remove torx screw underneath electric window buttons.
6. Carefully pull the doorcard off starting from bottom working upwards, it will just come away.
7. Disconnect all electrical plugs.
8. Remove window motor by unscrewing 3 screws.
9. Cry like a baby when you find you need a new regulator @ £97 from Audi !!

Regulator is now on order. The next chapter will continue once it arrives.

DieselTrader
28-06-2011, 04:45 PM
thanks for the removal tips, worked a treat:Blush: