PDA

View Full Version : KNOCKING SOUND GOLF SDi 2001

bigbrian123
26-12-2008, 06:24 AM
Well, now I'm really getting annoyed !!!

Have had a knocking sound from the left side of my 2001 Golf SDi for about 3 months now. It was tolerable but now it's getting really annoying !!!!

So...I did what most people would do and that was to put it in the garage. Two garages have had a look and can't find anything obvious !!! Anti roll bar bushes are fine apparently (car has done 85K so I'm surprised !) and wheel bearing is fine.

If this is any help....the sound seems to eminate from the left wheel area. However... it doesn't seem to make any sound if you go over large bumps such as speed bumps. Seems to knock and sometimes rattle when you go over smaller ones.

All the plusic under the car is secure and, as I said, two garages can't seem to find anything. It's getting worse and very F****** annoying !!!!!

Any ideas ??????

Regards,

Brian

yeltsin
02-01-2009, 01:31 PM
If the noise is coming from the rear of the car then its probably the rear axle bushes need changing. I had a similar problem on mine. Fine over speed bumps but any little bump in the road would rattle your spine. Felt like the whole rear end was about to fall off.

They are fairly cheap I think but a right b*****d to fit. Got mine done for £100.