PDA

View Full Version : jetta (103bhp) tdi dsg

tricolourdog
23-12-2008, 05:25 PM
hi
i am changing my bora 130 tdi highline for a jetta tdi (103bhp)tdi,and was wandering if the dsg gearbox on the jetta is any good,or if there are any problems to look out for.i have to change as i have developed gout and can'tdrive when it attacks,otherwise i would keep the excellent Bora.
any thoughts would be most wecome.
A merry xmas to you all ,And prosperous new year.

Drumop
24-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Hi
I bought a 57 plate 1.9 TDI SE DSG about 2 months ago. I wanted an automatic because I suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis so heavy traffic can be a pain. I love it to bits it's just so smooth. I've went from a C4 2.0 ltr petrol 138 bhp to the Jetta and it's the best move I've ever made. My advice is to go for it, you wont be dissapointed.
All the best to you and yours.
Fred

Teflon
24-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Got 3 DSG's in the family, after having a multitronic box in an Audi. I love it to bits, either with or without the flappy paddles. It's a proper manual gearbox but automated so there is none of that soggy pudding feeling you get from a normal, old fashioned automatic.

The DSG doesn't have the best of reliability issues, especially the early ones, so if buying second hand be careful and ideally get a car with VW warranty still valid; also think about an aftermarket warranty insurance once the 3 years is up.

tricolourdog
25-12-2008, 05:32 PM
thanks drumop
yes mate i think i am going for it,i went to px my bora at the dealers against a jetta dsg but their px price was lousey,so am going to contact a chap from work who asked for first refusal on the bora,as its on a 55 plate and only covered 22300 miles,going to ask for £8000 cos its in mint condition,where as the dealership only offered me £6000.(the cheek).anyway ta for your reply and a merry xmas to you and yours.
regards.

tricolourdog
25-12-2008, 05:39 PM
hi teflon
thanks for the advice mate,the jetta i am after is on a 07 plate (august) to be exact so there should be around 20 months manufacturers warranty left,and yes was also contemplating an aftermarket warranty later,as you pointed out,excellent advice mate.
thank you for your reply may i wish merry xmas to you and your family and peacefull new year.
kind regards.