PDA

View Full Version : Little power from Audi

mattyc94
21-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Hi all,

OK, when I bought the Audi 80 I knew it wasn't going to be the fastest car in the world and it was only for economic reasons. I have been driving away at it and am used to it being slow. My bro drove it the other day and said its terribly limited in the power department. Hes driven a few other 80's with the same engine (1.9tdi) and I dont doubt his judgement.

So...here's my question. What all can I check to find if anything is causing this problem...i.e. pipework, is there an intercooler on these cars? turbo? etc.

Thanks guys,
Matt

micheal balbrig
21-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Hi all,

OK, when I bought the Audi 80 I knew it wasn't going to be the fastest car in the world and it was only for economic reasons. I have been driving away at it and am used to it being slow. My bro drove it the other day and said its terribly limited in the power department. Hes driven a few other 80's with the same engine (1.9tdi) and I dont doubt his judgement.

So...here's my question. What all can I check to find if anything is causing this problem...i.e. pipework, is there an intercooler on these cars? turbo? etc.

Thanks guys,
Matt

I think the TDI stands for turbo diesel intercooler
The power from these should be sufficient
Some problems cause lack of power I.E. split in short
turbo pipe normally underneath where you cant see it
inlet manifold getting restricted with carbon deposits.
small vacum hoses developing leaks or filling with oil
faulty no 3 needle injector.
you can get a computer read out to point to some
problems