PDA

View Full Version : A3 Using coolant

mickcannon
21-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Hi All, I have an A3 2.0tdi sport which i love, only problem i have to twice a week check the water, its loosing about 1/4 pint a week, i have had the head chemically checked for the head gasket, have had the timing belt changed, along with the water pump, dont have any temp problems, always runs well, but still uses water.........anyone elase with same prob?..Help its so frustra:aargh4:ting

slidingsash
06-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Hi All, I have an A3 2.0tdi sport which i love, only problem i have to twice a week check the water, its loosing about 1/4 pint a week, i have had the head chemically checked for the head gasket, have had the timing belt changed, along with the water pump, dont have any temp problems, always runs well, but still uses water.........anyone elase with same prob?..Help its so frustra:aargh4:ting

Hi Mick (assuming that's your name!!)

I've an newish (07) A3 doing exactly the same. I'm filling up with 1/2 a litre every week (500 miles). As it's under warranty, the dealer kept it over night to pressure test, but found nothing. I was asked to keep a diary (dates, amount filled) and go back in the new year for further investigation. I'll post the result when I get it. On another Audi forum, a guy had the same problem and it turned out to be a microscopic hole somewhere in the radiator. Seems possible :)

mickcannon
06-01-2009, 07:36 PM
H thanks for the reply, i too took my A3 into the local Audi dealers for them to find nothing at all, and most surprising of all, i was charged nothing either, will keep forum posted should i ever find out.