PDA

View Full Version : Throttle body alignment, not doing anything

ezhik
21-12-2008, 09:07 AM
I've got the full version of VAG-COM 409, and it appears to do all the other things I ask of it, but when I try to reset the throttle body (battery was replaced a few months ago, and this was never done), it just remains at all zeros.

I've followed the instructions here:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/throttlebody.html

To be honest I'm not getting any errors, and all seems well, but I wanted to do this as the battery was replaced, and it seems to be recommended in that case, now I'm more curious as to why its not aligning.

Any ideas?

nickgtn
21-12-2008, 12:44 PM
After starting the basic setting what value do you get back in the last block?

ezhik
21-12-2008, 02:00 PM
All zeros, I think its 5 of them. In fact it always shows zeros, I don't 'run' or any other value here.

nickgtn
21-12-2008, 02:47 PM
When you activate the basic settings do you see ADP RUN in the last block? After about 20s this should change to ADP iO (OK) and the new values are learned. I'm not sure what you are seeing can you post a screen dump?

ezhik
21-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Thanks for your help. No, I don't see ADP RUN, the last block shows all zeros. It only ever shows all zeros in the last block. I read from instructions in the link that I posted what it should do, and it isn't working for me, all the last block ever displays in 060 is zeros, it's in 'basic' mode. I can't post a screen dump just now, my laptop is not here with at the moment.

Do you know why this alignment might fail to run? Many thanks.

nickgtn
21-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Sorry I misunderstood. I have not seen this before, do the two throttle %'s appear in the first two blocks? If they do then I'm stumped .......sorry. Does anyone else have ideas?

ezhik
21-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Yes the other blocks display some figures, I didn't make a note so can't say now what they are.

Thanks for trying! If anyone knows why it might not be aligning...

ezhik
24-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Well I got this resolved by Ross-Tech. In case anyone else has the same issue, check that you are using the correct group! My car has a cable throttle so I should have been using group 098, group 060 is for wire throttle.

So my fault for misunderstanding the Ross-Tech wiki. Much to learn.