PDA

View Full Version : Help

yfc
13-11-2005, 10:30 PM
I have a 2005 Touran 1.9 TDi and just lately it seems to have become a bit noisy especially noticeable when cruisin along at about 55mph. The noise reminds me of the camshaft noise that used to be associated with the old Fords and when I've been driving for a while I get a whiff of oil (not a burning smell though)coming in through the vents. The car performs well enough but I am now at the point where my clothes seem to have an oily aroma and obviously the fact that I am sucking these fumes in is not as healthy eating a Jamie Oliver school meal. I have had the car since the end of March and done 30,400 miles. I will be putting it into the garage asap but would like to have some idea of what is the possible cause before I do so. I don't know if it has any relevance but the Turbo has already been replaced on the vehicle.

yfc
14-11-2005, 08:03 PM
How sad am I replying to my own message? Just to let everyone know that the problem turned out to be a wheel bearing although the oily aroma remains a mystery. If it carries on like that I will have to wear a face mask or a diving helmet although most of my mates(real or imaginary)would probably count this as a blessing. Seriously though it is a bit annoying to say the least so if anyone out there has any idea what it could be and suggest any possible remedies please let me know as I will have lungs sponsored by Castrol if things don't change.