PDA

View Full Version : rear wash

davegilsenan
24-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Hello,
I just got an A6 avant....the rear wash doesnt work When you press the switch, you car hear the pump going but nothing comes out at the other end! I took the nozzle out but its not blocked. Is there a filter somewhere that could be blocked? Or any places that tend to leak?
Thanks,
Dave.

garwquattro
24-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Hello,
I just got an A6 avant....the rear wash doesnt work When you press the switch, you car hear the pump going but nothing comes out at the other end! I took the nozzle out but its not blocked. Is there a filter somewhere that could be blocked? Or any places that tend to leak?
Thanks,
Dave.
Hello Dave,
Did you get anywhere with this - I've got the same problem on a 03 A6 Avant
Cheers

a8 tech
24-07-2007, 10:14 PM
nsf floor connector under the carpet in front foot well,nsr luggage compartment near the light unit,connection at the back of the rear washer pump or even the connection at the front washer bottle nsf inner wing.Remove tailgate and apply low compressed air feed down the pipe until you hear the leak

garwquattro
24-07-2007, 10:22 PM
nsf floor connector under the carpet in front foot well,nsr luggage compartment near the light unit,connection at the back of the rear washer pump or even the connection at the front washer bottle nsf inner wing.Remove tailgate and apply low compressed air feed down the pipe until you hear the leak
Thanks a8 tech, I'll give it a blow 2mrw.

TonyT
30-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Had the same problem with my avant but it was obvious where the leak was, in that the tailgate water leaked out of the bottom of it. hose ahd popped off at the connection behind the arm.

TonyT