PDA

View Full Version : Audi A6 DIS and Cruise retro-fitting

Camb-Tech
19-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Right,

i do not know if anyone can help but i'm trying to fit and activate DIS and cruise on my 2002 Audi A6 1.9tdi 130 sport Avant.

I've got the new indicator and wiper stalks ready to fit.

Activated cruise in the Engine controller indicated by the 'G000SG'.

Now idon't know if i need anything else to get this working. The point being i don't want to take the airbag off etc to find i need some more components etc.

Now the DIS part. I've found several web pages talking about fitting this to A4's but none for the A6.
The dash is chrome ringed with two part animated dotmatrix display which all work right doing the output tests in the Instrument module.
What i've learnt is that i need to change adaptation 19 in the dash module, but it won't accept the code after the test. i.e. i need to enter 11010, all i get is error after the test.

Does this mean that it can't be done?

Also apparently i have no steering wheel controller module 16 which needs to be recoded on the A4 anyway for the DIS to work.

Is this my problem?

Here's my read out, i couldn't wait for it to finish so i suopped at 50.

Address 01: Engine
Protocol: KW1281
Controller: 038 906 019 CF
Component: 1,9l R4 EDC G000SG 1540
Coding: 00002
Shop #: WSC 02325

Address 03: ABS Brakes
Controller: 4B0 614 517 G
Component: ABS/ESP front 1728
Coding: 06255

Address 08: Auto HVAC
Controller: 4B0 820 043 AL
Component: A6-Klimavollautomat 0105
Coding: 00104
Skipping Address 15-Airbags

Address 17: Instruments
Controller: 4B0 920 950 J
Component: KOMBI+WEGFAHRS. M73 D04
Coding: 00440
Shop #: WSC 00000

Address 25: Immobilizer
Controller: Bit teA dre ssv
Component: e 17 eingeben

Address 33: OBD-II
Protocol: ????
Controller: OBD-II/EOBD, Protocol Keyword: $0808

Address 35: Centr. Locks
Controller: 4B0 962 258 N
Component: Zentralverrieg.,DWA D37
Coding: 06859

Address 45: Inter. Monitor
Controller: 4B0 951 178 A
Component: Innenraumueberw. D04
Coding: 00102

paul b
19-12-2008, 08:07 PM
You need to check what sort of dashboard you have.

I wanted to install the DIS, but my A6 doesn't have the 'Highline' dash so it means if I go ahead I will need a different dashboard. I won't fit it then! :(

I don't know how to check but it can be done using the VIN or reg number of the car. Audi are able to tell you.

Paul

Camb-Tech
21-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Cheers Paul.

I think it's the 'Midline' VDO dash. The display part looks like two seperate displays one above the over.
The bottom one displays the outside temp all the time and a picture of the car with the doors open and the top one gives the 'OK' and any warning messages as they appear.

I'll have to do some more searching.

Anyone know if the cruise side will work?

Ben.

paul b
21-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Cheers Paul.

I think it's the 'Midline' VDO dash. The display part looks like two seperate displays one above the over.
The bottom one displays the outside temp all the time and a picture of the car with the doors open and the top one gives the 'OK' and any warning messages as they appear.

I'll have to do some more searching.

Anyone know if the cruise side will work?

Ben.
I'm not sure whether mine is Lowline or Midline, but it is the same as what you describe. I know mine for a fact isn't Highline.

Best of luck with the retro-fitting.

Paul

Camb-Tech
05-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Just an update for anyones intrest.

Fitted cruise control. This took about a day. I couldn't find any info on the net regarding the retro fit so had to go in blind using the current flow diagrams in ELSA workshop manual.
After removing the ECU and checking the wires in the plug i found the wire were already there for CC.
I followed these back to a connector block right at the back of the dash and that is where they ended.
Access to this block is difficult so i removed the ECU housing to be able to get my hands in.
I then snipped the wires, about 4 in total, soldierd longer wires to going through the steering coloumn to a plug and connecotrs (from audi).
With steering wheel removed the new stalk was fitted and connected up.
VAGCOM verified all buttons worked. After reassembley a test drive verified it worked!
Took the car on holiday to southern Spain and worked a treat for all 3000 miles!

With regards to the dash and DIS. I've got a dash from a V6 tdi, connected it up, recoded to my 4 pot tdi etc. The only problem is the Immo code. I cannot get the code from either Moto M73 dash or VDO dash. Car starts then dies as the immo kicks in.
So if anyone knows anyone else to get the codes out for me around the Cambridge area i'll be willing to pay with Stella or cash!!!

Please contact me if you can help!!

shark_90
05-09-2009, 01:46 PM
As posted in your other thread, I can get the immobiliser codes for you.

Changing the adaptation in channel 19 is only for A4 dashboards. I don't know if there is any adaptation in the A6 dashboard to enable or disable it, or whether it's part of the capability of the dash (most likely).

Camb-Tech
05-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Your right about channel 19.

Thats why i bought a second hand one with full DIS and a wiper stalk with button and recoded it from a v6 tdi to a 1.9.

Again i've bought the grey connector for the rear of the dash, identified which pins to use from ELSA and patch the wires from the dash to stalk and the CAN lines too i think.
Just need the immo codes from both.

PM me with what you charge or if you know your going this way you could swing by??

Or if you can work with a memory dump of the cluster i could e-mail that to you?

shark_90
05-09-2009, 08:36 PM
What would you use to read the eeproms? I charge £60 for a dashboard swap on these, £40 (per unit) to retrieve SKCs.