PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Springs

GeorgeBoy
19-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Can anyone point me in the right direction in what kkind of lowering springs i should get for my 2000 A3 1.8t, just checked ebay and i can get Raceland ones for £200 for the set, this seems tooooo cheap so i just wonder if anyone has any experience with these springs or any others.

Cheers:beerchug:

loki
09-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Lowering springs on their own aren't that expensive, plenty of good sites to buy from (europerformance.co.uk and awesome-gti.co.uk) are good.

But word of warning from someone that has 40mm lowering springs on '99 T-Sport - they standard or sports shocks don't work too well with shorter, stiffer aftermarket springs so the ride will be harsh and bouncy.

You can get sports suspension from Koni for £270, so I'd look into that instead.

paulA3quattro
09-01-2009, 07:33 PM
i have an A3 1.8t sport and have a koni kit on it and the ride is spot on so my advise is to get koni

loki
10-01-2009, 10:49 AM
i have an A3 1.8t sport and have a koni kit on it and the ride is spot on so my advise is to get koni

Which kit do you have?

I was thinking of getting these:

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=3754939

but was thinking they might be a bit hard. They do look cool as though...:biglaugh:

paulA3quattro
10-01-2009, 12:11 PM
to be honest i'm not sure which kit it is but the shockers are yellow and springs red, i got my kit off a 4motion so sits a little bit higher at the front cos the 1.8t engine is lighter. the kit on mine won't be the same as your anyway as mine is a quattro but lookin at that ratin off that link you gave me i'd go for them, mine are adjustable so if you want to spend a bit more money and get adjustable ones then you know you won't go wrong as you will be able to set them up to what sort of ride you would want

loki
10-01-2009, 12:24 PM
to be honest i'm not sure which kit it is but the shockers are yellow and springs red, i got my kit off a 4motion so sits a little bit higher at the front cos the 1.8t engine is lighter. the kit on mine won't be the same as your anyway as mine is a quattro but lookin at that ratin off that link you gave me i'd go for them, mine are adjustable so if you want to spend a bit more money and get adjustable ones then you know you won't go wrong as you will be able to set them up to what sort of ride you would want

cool cheers.

I was thinking adjustable, but for the money they look amazing!

paulA3quattro
10-01-2009, 12:25 PM
just asked the lad who i got my kit off and its the koni sport kit, hope this is some use to you

GeorgeBoy
11-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Cheers guys the info is appreciated still havent got a clue what i wanna do, ill need to spend a bit on tyres before i go for springs!!