PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts After 6 Months - 3.0 V6 TDI Quattro S-Line

Samurai1466
18-12-2008, 02:33 AM
I've had my A4 for over 6 months now and am very happy with it. Someone scraped the bumper slightly so I put it into the dealers the other day to get the spray job done, during that time I drove a B8 1.9T A4 SE (non-Quattro) and it was rubbish to drive in comparison to my 3.0 V6 TDI Quattro and nowhere near as good looking as my S-Line.

I found that I had to really push the accelerator pedal from standing to get it to perform anywhere near what I would describe as respectable. I also found the car to be very heavy for the 1.9T engine and wasn't impressed with the poor fuel consumption.

I'll not be getting rid of my 369 torque machine for a smaller engine and lower specs. Who would've thought a number of years ago that diesel would outperform petrol... My diesel 3.0 A4 has more torque than the 3.2 FSI petrol engine and has superior fuel economy! Audi have this model on the button - a cracking machine!

:approve:

kodkod.84
18-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Is there 2 power outputs on the 1.8T as the one I had for a loan car last week seemed pretty nimble, and I'm driving a 2.0T 220ps B7.

RichardCranium
18-12-2008, 05:06 PM
had mine for over 6 months now. Was thinking this morning, its the first new car i've that hasnt had to go back to the dealers to sort any problems

blackcurrent
18-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Really chuffed for you and there is nothing like rubbishing other peoples car is there....

oh btw there is a 160 and 120 bhp of the 1.8 petrol so yes it's possible you were in different performing cars

andyrp
18-12-2008, 08:41 PM
I've had my A4 for over 6 months now and am very happy with it. Someone scraped the bumper slightly so I put it into the dealers the other day to get the spray job done, during that time I drove a B8 1.9T A4 SE (non-Quattro) and it was rubbish to drive in comparison to my 3.0 V6 TDI Quattro and nowhere near as good looking as my S-Line.

I found that I had to really push the accelerator pedal from standing to get it to perform anywhere near what I would describe as respectable. I also found the car to be very heavy for the 1.9T engine and wasn't impressed with the poor fuel consumption.

I'll not be getting rid of my 369 torque machine for a smaller engine and lower specs. Who would've thought a number of years ago that diesel would outperform petrol... My diesel 3.0 A4 has more torque than the 3.2 FSI petrol engine and has superior fuel economy! Audi have this model on the button - a cracking machine!

On this occasion Clarkson was right.

kodkod.84
18-12-2008, 08:55 PM
That was so funny last Sunday's episode with the branded Christmas presents- and when did Audi release the 1.9T engine :biglaugh:

mkc
18-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Is there 2 power outputs on the 1.8T as the one I had for a loan car last week seemed pretty nimble, and I'm driving a 2.0T 220ps B7.

Yes, 120 and 160 bhp. According to my local dealer the request for the 120 has been almost 0

Audi Happy
19-12-2008, 10:15 AM
On this occasion Clarkson was right.

:You_Rock_ Thought the same myself

Jop
19-12-2008, 02:32 PM
My diesel 3.0 A4 has more torque than the 3.2 FSI petrol engine and has superior fuel economy! Audi have this model on the button - a cracking machine!

Its a shame then, that it sounds like taxi.
:aargh4: Taxi!!

onemanparty
19-12-2008, 05:15 PM
I've had my A4 for over 6 months now and am very happy with it. Someone scraped the bumper slightly so I put it into the dealers the other day to get the spray job done, during that time I drove a B8 1.9T A4 SE (non-Quattro) and it was rubbish to drive in comparison to my 3.0 V6 TDI Quattro and nowhere near as good looking as my S-Line

I had a 1.8T as a loan car when I first picked up my A4 (Warranty Job) - Not a thing wrong with it.

As I drive a 3.0TDI would love to why you think its rubbish or maybe its you talking rubbish :biglaugh:

alexcf
19-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Its a shame then, that it sounds like taxi.
:aargh4: Taxi!!

lol, yea... :(, friend of mine has an S5 (RS4 before) and made comments about the chugging :P

Samurai1466
20-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Ouch, this hit a nerve, there's plenty of posts on the forum about certain models being better than others, I am allowed an opinion (as much as anyone else) and have discovered there's many child like attitudes around here over it. My rubbish quote is comparing the models. To clarify, all Audi's are great (well apart from perhaps the old A2).

Yes, I screwed up and said it was a 1.9T when it was a 1.8T but I admit I'm not perfect... However, the 3.0 TDI is!

;-)

alexcf
29-12-2008, 11:13 PM
So it's a bloody freezing cold morning/evening... Time to go to work/home, what would I want on my Audi if I could have it? Hmm, pressing the unlock button twice and it'll start the heated seats and the fans going to warm up the car...

THATS what I'd love :) (ok, chances of that are slim to none, purely because of too many people pocket lock/unlock/booting :p)