PDA

View Full Version : Uncomfortable seat

Mike from Notts
17-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Hello all,

I wonder if anyone can help. This problem may be found in 'basic' seats in other VW models...Golfs, Jettas, Tourans etc.

I have a 2007 Passat S tdi saloon, that I drive daily covering approx 40k miles per year.

I have no problem with the car itself, it is more than big enough, economical, quiet and 'reasonably flexible' in the engine department.

The problem is in the seat.

The S model (Being the lowest spec available) comes with a very basic seat. NO lumbar adjustment, NO base tilt/angle adjustment.

I have had to resort to a 'retro' fit lumbar cushion and have to constantly adjust to get comfortable.

Is there anybody else out there that has suffered this problem, or similar with the S model seat?

I would be most gratefull for any feedback (I have posted this already in the Passat section and had a surprising amount of comments confirming my findings)

Kind regards,

Mike.

HomeRUSH
08-03-2009, 08:23 PM
I am not sure about the lumbar being uncomfortanble but I find that the edges of the seat are really uncomfortable in my Golf Plus. I belive Golfs and Passats are the same, the plastic sides in the seat are far too high and it digs into the sides too much. I am going to have to get some foam to put on the seat to give more protection.:(
Anyone else found this?