PDA

View Full Version : Question Trouble with door mirror dipping on selecting reverse

bigpeter
16-12-2008, 02:09 PM
hi, I drive an 07 Jetta SE TDi with the dipping passenger door mirror. I have no problems setting the mirror to the correct level, but after three or four times that it dips, the mirror does not return to the "high" or normal position. Eventually, it doesn't budge from the "low" position, and you have to reset.

VW dealer has changed the motor, on the basis that the "memory" was gone, but now it's worse!!

Any other members out there experienced/experiencing the same problem?

Appreciate your help!:aargh4:

Teflon
26-01-2009, 06:20 PM
I have the same issue sometimes with my Golf, which must be the same system as the Jetta. So long as it is working it's not a fault, it's just that it gets a bit confused.

To fix it try this:
With the switch on left hand mirror adjustment, engage reverse and watch it dip. Then, using the joystick adjust the dipped position to a useful downward view of the rear wheel.
Next, turn the switch to adjust right hand mirror position. Left hand mirror should un-dip. Don't worry if it doesn't. Disengage reverse, turn the switch to adjust left mirror and using the joystick adjust it to a normal driving position.

This should fix it, but you might have to twiddle with a few variations of this routine to get it to remember where it starts from and where it dips to.

towcestervag
27-01-2009, 12:09 AM
on an Eos this fault was cured by fitting door control module it should be the same

bigpeter
27-01-2009, 12:50 PM
I took the car to my local dealer (as it is still under warranty) and it appears that VW has "an issue" with this feature. I have had a new ECU fitted onto the window motor (2009 Model Year onwards)and a new version of code programmed and now the miror works everytime, always returning to the original position.