PDA

View Full Version : Early Christmas present

A1287210
15-12-2008, 06:16 PM
She has finally arrived!! shiny and black and complete with complimentary Audi limited edition chocolates and bottle of water !!

Drove her back from Norwich (approx 150 miles) and she was great, solid, quiet but have not had chance to stretch her as still running her in.

I do have a quick question about the avant boot, I was expecting for an opening function as per the saloon when the boot key on the fob is pressed.:confused: Does this exist or have I been dreaming this one up?

Pics to follow when I get a chance.

Damo

kodkod.84
15-12-2008, 06:51 PM
I don't think the Avant has the springy boot like the saloon as the tailgate will be too heavy.

Did you see the Blue RS6 Avant in Norwich Audi? I was having a look around it and opened the boot, there was a button on the inside which when pressed closed the tailgate on it's own- how cool/lazy is that?! :D

On my B7 Avant when you press the boot button, the tailgate opens so you just need to lift it open without pressing the touch button above the number plate, maybe the same with the B8.

alexcf
15-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Have you tried holding the button down?

A1287210
15-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Holding down the button just unlocks it. Yeah the auto closing tailgate button was a £400 extra, difficult to justify I really needed it to the boss.

I suppose if the springs were strong enough to open the boot you could never get it closed again.

I had that problem with a Passat saloon I had, great to open the boot as you approached with two handfuls of shopping, not so good as you couldn't close the boot without touching the dirty outside.

blackcurrent
15-12-2008, 09:03 PM
cool, hope you enjoy your new toy

mkc
15-12-2008, 09:13 PM
I confirm that the Avant boot only unlocks when you hold the key fob button. Its the same as the A3 hatch and would need some serious effort to push it open and up all on its own. Perhaps thats why they offer a £400 option to open!

We are gonna need some photos!

bluestar_ale
17-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Have to say...........I ordered the auto tailgate on the Avant .........an expensive toy but it's great.............. press the boot release key on the boot, the electric motors kick in and the tailgate open's like a dream..................... one press of the button on the tailgate and the boot closes again.............. it's amusing watching the look on peoples faces when they see it.........