PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get vagcom

bora185
15-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Im about to buy hex can vagcom cable, It is about £215 on rosstech website, just a few questions for anyone that has bought one. how long does it ussualy take for the cable to arrive from rosstech, what are the shipping costs? Also is there any sort of discount for vwaudi forum members?

Crasher
15-12-2008, 02:12 PM
I buy mine in the UK from Ilexa.

euroslap
15-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Do you not get any software included when you buy them from your people Crasher? Also what do they weigh in at? :confused:

Crasher
15-12-2008, 02:20 PM
It comes with a disc but that is always out of date, you just download it from Ross Techs web site and it detects the cable and off you go.

http://www.ilexa.co.uk/content/category/2/4/17/

Nice people.

Col
15-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Do you not get any software included when you buy them from your people Crasher? Also what do they weigh in at? :confused:

You get a CD of the latest version. Upgrades are free however (as you know)

The HEX-CAN-USB is going at about £250.

Top people as well, I bought my original dumb interface from them years ago and when I upgaded to the hex-can-usb they sorted out all the licencing and upgrade discounts issues direct with Rosstech.

They also have a very good support forum.....

bearthebruce
15-12-2008, 06:10 PM
how long does it ussualy take for the cable to arrive from rosstech, what are the shipping costs?

We ship by FedEx priority service which takes 2 days typically. The cost is around $45 USD these days. Don't forget, you will have to pay the queen here taxes as well.

Also is there any sort of discount for vwaudi forum members?

There are no discounts offered by Ross-Tech. When you are getting the equivalent of the factory tool at a fraction of the cost, we consider the product already discounted as far as we can take it.