PDA

View Full Version : Question changing headlight bulb on 02 plate 1.9tdi Alhambra

Robin Vitiello
12-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Hi,
I know it seems basic, but does anyone have the approved method for accessing the offside headlight assembly to change the dip bulb.

Looks like you have to dissaemble half the engine. Is there an easy way?

Thanks

Robin Vitiello
20-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi there. Sorted the problem. Solution - Find a hand small enough to reach in to the limited space and no problems.

My daughters fitted well and was done in a couple of minutes.

Cheers

gb02dcb
25-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi there. Sorted the problem. Solution - Find a hand small enough to reach in to the limited space and no problems.

My daughters fitted well and was done in a couple of minutes.

Cheers
Alhambra 2002

Or If "service tool, daughter, small" is unavailable you can use loosen the 2 bolts and remove complete headlight unit, change bulbs & replace.

Sidelight /indicator replacement is even mire stupid - I AM NOT KIDDING - you go in from outside the car into the wheel bay liner housing! Turning the front wheel to give some room helps - a bit!

KeithOT
25-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Modern car designers they just leave you speechless, I had 50 years in engineering design including having to fix what I designed, you soon learn..........!

vwcabriolet1971
26-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Some Dealers replace the bulbs for free if you buy the bulb from them - I got fed up of replacing my Wife's 2003 1.9TDI Polo front pilot bulbs ( from Halfords) and went to VW dealer to buy a long life bulb (LL). They fitted it for free even though the battery and a few other thing needs to be removed to gain access ( cost me £2 !) . Worth a shot !

Matt1e
25-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Tools required: 30CM standard ruler (stiffer the better!).
1: turn wheel so the front is inward facing to ease access to the service hatch, which slides upwards.
2: insert the ruler end into the rubber grab piece (it is hollow) the ruler fits snuggly.
3:twist anti clockwise and remove, the bult will come too !
4: swap bulb and re insert 3,2,1 !
Easy peasy......