PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Won't start injector problem?

shabazmo
12-12-2008, 12:22 AM
My mums R Reg Polo 1.6 AEE engine automatic with 55,000 miles cut out and wont start. Vag Com found 1 fault. 01249 Fuel injector for Cylinder 1 (N30) 31-10 open or short to ground Intermittent. Don't know whether this has anything to do with the problem. There is no strong smell of fuel when cranking, so probably a fuel problem. Spark is strong going into the distributor. The engine turnsover nicely but does not fire. Cam belt is intact.

Just pulled a pipe off the injector rail and plenty fuel being pumped into the rail. also there is a spark at each of the plugs. Also put carb clener into the throttle body and engine fired momentarily on turnover. I think therefore that the injectors are not opening.

Fixed. No 8 fuse 15A that feeds the fuel injectors.

Drove the car out of the driveway and it stopped. Fuse gone again. Vagcom states that Fuel injector for cyl No 1 and No 3 open or short to ground.
Anyone any ideas. Can't see any obvious wiring faults.
thanks

shabazmo
27-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Just back form hols. Has anyone had this experience before?
Regards

shabazmo
28-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Finally solved the problem. The no 8 fuse feeds both the injectors and the lamda probe. The lamda probe wiring had wrapped around the drivesahft, causing it to short circuit. Now I need a new probe and a inner driveshaft gaitor. The idiot, yours trully, that replaced the probe a year ago did not route the wiring properly.
Regards