PDA

View Full Version : clay bar lube..?

beezer
11-12-2008, 09:54 PM
hi all..got my box of goodies from elite today with clay bar..polish and z2 to give car a good going over..however on reading instructions on clay bar i need to use diluted z7 as lubricant(ain't got any) can i use my own car wash/wax shampoo diluted to use as lubricant..? any info appreciated..gonna tackle it tommorow if i can handle freezing cold..:eek:..cheers..

Col
11-12-2008, 10:46 PM
I'd say yes.

However others will say use a QD or lube spray.

Personally I don't think it matters as long as the panel is wet.

beezer
12-12-2008, 09:52 PM
phoned elite to get info regarding lube for clay bar..told it will be ok to use my own shampoo(phew) and i got loads of good advice/tips on how to use products..:Dclayed car today but ran out of time to polish it..will do tommorow and report back on results.. :)

beezer
15-12-2008, 10:21 PM
finally got the zaino out today with rain easing for a day..zaino all in one goes on a doddle..had to work hard to remove probably due to low temp..then put on z2(very sparingly)and buffed to a superb shine..planning to reapply z2 again in couple of days for extra protection.. result looks stunning(hoping shine lasts)..credit to most helpful chap at elite for keeping me straight and for rapid service..:beerchug: