PDA

View Full Version : Retro Fit Bluetooth Success!

Airgun
11-12-2008, 12:05 PM
I've just fitted one of these:
http://www.fiscon-mobile.eu/products/pro_mmi_a5.php

To my 3.0 Tdi S-Line

Very simple to fit, a quick change in VAG Com and all sorted.

The display in the dashboard displays callers name etc.
You can make and receive calls using the steering wheel controls.
You can also use the radio to make calls etc.

I've not used the factory bluetooth but the functions and call quality of this unit is superb.

mkc
11-12-2008, 12:28 PM
So does the car have to have any phone prep at all or do you just keep a phone in your pocket and a bluetooth headset and then use these new controls to make calls via the car DIS?

Thanks

Airgun
11-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Hi, I keep the phone in my pocket, the calls come through the radio speakers.

I use the DIS and steering wheel controls to make / receive calls.

mkc
11-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Ah this I like! Ill take a look at your link to the product. Thank you.

A1exp
12-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Now if only somebody would bring out something like that but with TomTom instead of a phone kit...

A TomTom go Live 740 fully integrated into the MMI would be worth a pound or two...

sunil1234
16-12-2008, 03:34 PM
hi, how much dismatling of the trim is involved to fit this please>?

ta

S

Jop
16-12-2008, 03:56 PM
.. and.. where did you mount the mic?

Airgun
16-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Removing the radio took 5 mins - see:
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=49657

You need to pull on the MMI display surround quite firmly, the air vents and heater controls just pull out.

I've put the mike next to the MMI display at the moment, I'm trying to get an Audi mike (if Bradford Audi parts can be bothered to reply to my faxes!).

audi ad8
16-02-2009, 03:27 AM
I've just fitted one of these:

Very simple to fit, a quick change in VAG Com and all sorted.

After reading your post, i when out n got myself a fiscon pro unit.

Gonna have a go at installing it today. What do you mean by "a quick change in VAG Com"????

Does it mean i have to bring it back to Audi???

Thanks in advance.

Jop
16-02-2009, 09:50 AM
............. (if Bradford Audi parts can be bothered to reply to my faxes!).

Faxes??? What on earth are they?

Airgun
16-02-2009, 10:55 AM
AudiAD8 - the instructions sent with the unit show the programming changes - any Audi dealer should be able to sort it out.

I used VAG Com - the procedure was different to the one shown in the instructions but it was very simple to do.

audi ad8
16-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Thank you so much for your help!!! Will give the dealer a visit 2moro.

B6Andy101
16-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Sounds good. Anyone up for driving a deal with a group buy or a form discount?

audi ad8
17-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Fitted the unit, got Audi to recode...

No luck!!!

Its there anything i should look out for? I have done the reset on the head unit and the car didnt come with a phone prep.

HELP!!!

k6rff
17-02-2009, 11:40 PM
I've currently got a Kufatec FISCON fitted by Gareth of VWCruise. They have already fitted a genuine Audi bluetooth set up but are still waiting for VAGCOM to solve the long coding problem on the BT module. As an interim they fitted the FISCON which is excellent. Anyone considering this should have a good look at the FISCON. OK it's not gen Audi but you will have a job telling the difference. All functions are similar. I've found that the FISCON software will not function properly with my new XDA Ignito so I've had to revert back to my earlier XDA Orbit. This works no problem and I imagine the next FISCON software update (installed by bluetooth easily) will enable the Ignito.

TomTom however, will not hear of reactivating my traffic for the Orbit temporarily. They flatly repeat that they will not reactivate a previous handset - irrespective of the circumstances. They seem not to realise it's the punters that are in contact with them that are the ones paying for their software/services. The guys running around with dodgy copies are the guys they never hear from. After the debacle of their efforts to get on the iPhone and withdrawing support for HTC (XDA) units due to tie ups with HTC it makes you wonder how they got as big as they are (or how long they will remain). Nevertheless, I shall be looking elsewhere for my future traffic and nav.

rayc
24-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Lads Fitted the Kufatec this morning took 30 min's and off down to the dealer to get the car coded. Bob's your uncle.. great kit. works well the the blackberry 8100... great on the MMI....

sabingli
04-03-2009, 08:46 PM
what is the unit code for bluetooth only system?

gcp543
17-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Can you confirm if you have phone prep in your car for this, or did it just go straight in please?

k6rff
17-03-2009, 01:43 PM
The Kufatec Fiscon fits to a B8 A4 with no prior prep fitted at the factory. It's intended for the daft souls like me who didn't specify phone prep initially.

gcp543
18-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Thanks k6rff, thats coming from another "datf soul", just got to get my company to agree to pay for the FISCON unit now......