PDA

View Full Version : A3 Tdi 2005 boot lock / wiper problem

liverpoolphil
10-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Hi all

first post so please go easy on me!

Looks like I have the dreaded rear wiper jet problem and after a quick look today I know exactly what has happened

It seems that water pipe (carrying water to the rear wiper motor) has split right near where it fits onto the motor. Turn wipers on, water all over back of the boot, now the alarm is going off continually due to the boot lock being shot.........

New boot lock on the way BUT how can I repair the small crack in the washer pipe. I have full access to it (took the panel off last night) and have tried some insulation tape this afternoon but no joy.

Any suggestions would be appraciated, thanks Phil

kenney
10-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi Cut away the bit that is damaged,and if it is too short, you can buy a similar piece of hose and join them.You will find if you heat the hose,it is very flexable,and you can use a thin piece of copper piping at the joint.

liverpoolphil
10-12-2008, 11:00 PM
hi kenny thanks for the reply

If I cut off the damaged piece I know I will still have enough cable to reach the wiper motor so that is good:D

However i noticed that the actual fitting (going into the wiper motor) is shrink tubed on so just wondering how I might fix this back onto the flex??

Buying some replacement tubing, will this come from audi?? I read (on here) that they do some sort of servicing kit??

Thanks again

kenney
11-12-2008, 11:10 AM
You can use a lighter to heat the end fo the hose.