PDA

View Full Version : New, got of to a rocky start but all is well now.

Rods
10-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Hi ladies and gents.

New to the forum.

I puchased a A3 2.0 T fast back in September this year from Derby Audi, Two days later the coolant light came on, I checked the level and all was well, I took the car back to Audi and they changed the sensor and the coolant expansion tank, I picked the car up on the Friday evening and had to take it back in on the Sat as it sounded like a Diesel when it warmed up. (i'd checked the oil level and it was full).

Two weeks later I got the car back and it seemed fine. One week later I was on the motor way and the computer flashes oil preassure warning, I indicate and pull on to the hard shoulder as I push the clutch in and come to a stop I hear a loud noise which sounds like metal coming together.

I phone the AA who plug the car into a lap top and it pulls up a fault code and states the timing is plus 4.

I have the car towed back to Audi who a week and a half later call me and say the Cambelt tensioner had failed but there wouldn't be any internal damage. This concearend me as the Diesel noise the car had already been in for they claimed was a Cam Chain tensioner. The Sales manger then sets about telling me that the engine has both a Cambelt and a Cam Chain. one on each side :confused:.

After a letter of complaint to the owner of the dealership and lots of phones calls they agreed to exchange the car for another of equal value. So I now have a A4 2.0DTI SE. So far its fantastic and im really enjoying it, the Fuel econemy is great the wife likes it. :D

I think i was just unlucky with the A3.

bora(ing) nick
10-12-2008, 01:04 PM
I think i'd rather have the A4 long term anyway :)

The A3 i'm sure was quick, but the 2.0 tdi's come with either 140 or 170 bhp, and loads more torque.

Sounds to me like you got a good deal.

Nick

Eshrules
10-12-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm with Nick, sounds like you got the better end of the deal there and you're well shut of a car with such issues early on.

welcome to the forum :)

Rods
11-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks guy's Im really enjoying the A4 its great, better ride and the Turbo diesel unit is very impressive and smooth on the move. :beerchug: