PDA

View Full Version : USB stick

tlionhart
09-12-2008, 08:45 PM
I ordered a new A3 for delivery in the spring this afternoon. I know the S-line model comes with the AUX port...however, im thinking about having the USB stick optional extra. Does anyone know if this might be too late to add it to my order? If so, can it be added later?
Just I dont really want to take my ipod everywhere...the usb stick is cheap and can just live in the glove box.

pumbaa71
10-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Speak to your dealer.

There is a cut off point but you can ad things to the order. We added a phone kit and 2-3 weeks after ours was placed.

I ordered a new A3 for delivery in the spring this afternoon. I know the S-line model comes with the AUX port...however, im thinking about having the USB stick optional extra. Does anyone know if this might be too late to add it to my order? If so, can it be added later?
Just I dont really want to take my ipod everywhere...the usb stick is cheap and can just live in the glove box.

tlionhart
10-12-2008, 10:59 AM
im really lucky. just spoke to the sales manager and got the part stuck on. Also having hill hold added

mister.c.
12-12-2008, 12:40 AM
Ordered my A3 Sline Mid Nov, been told being built this week and hfully be with me midish January. Maybe your's will come before the spring!

I've gone for the USB option - couldn't find masses of information on it - think you have six folders and can have up to 99 tracks on each folder.

tlionhart
14-12-2008, 02:14 PM
mister.c, what engine size is your new s-line?

mister.c.
14-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Treating myself to the 2.0TFSI

tlionhart
15-12-2008, 12:18 AM
nice! Ive gone for the 1.4t fsi. I'v been told march for my expected delivery...(huge demand for that particular engine spec)

I think the usb option is better then the ipod adapter...havn't gotta worry bout compatibility issues or the device being nicked/lost/broken

Then again, could use the aux in cable in the cars aux port.

Dougy_D
17-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Can someone give a bit more information with regards to this USB device? How much extra is it? I have recently ordered a 1.4tfsi 3-door sport with standard player however tempted to get this USB thing

tlionhart
17-12-2008, 10:28 PM
its £145. Its in the brochure listed under the ipod adaptor