PDA

View Full Version : TT 225 hp to 500hp? Tuning?

NorthPole
09-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi.
I am new here and would appriciate your help.
I want to learn how I can tune my TT more.

I have already tuned the car and have appr. now 287 hp and 380 Nm and on 1/4 mile, 13,302 sek and 104 mph.

I want to know what I can do more and ofcource what the cost would be.
I have read that the engine is strong, but the rod should be replaced and mayby the pistons.
The engine is stock.

I did chip tuning last sommer from Unitronics (very good) and 3" downpipe + exhaust, sport air intake, Forge BlowOff and that’s that!
I am looking at:
Rods,
Pistons ?
Cam ?
Turbine
Bigger Injectors
Hed gasket ?
Other gaskets for the engine
Stand alone ?
Clutch?
Haldex ?
Gearbox and diff should be able to take this kind of power I think and according to severals info from the Web. ?

Any suggestions are appriciated! :confused:

I am primarely seeking a experienced person that really heve tried this stuff. Because I am planning to use this car as a ProStreet car and occationally for the 1/4 mile:)

Best regards and thanks,
Sigurjon

rayster63
08-01-2009, 11:34 AM
was your 3" downpipe fabricated or was it off the shelf? If off the shelf, who is the manufacturer??

NorthPole
08-01-2009, 01:39 PM
was your 3" downpipe fabricated or was it off the shelf? If off the shelf, who is the manufacturer??

It was made by a company here in Iceland, so it is not a fabricated downpipe. I found it less expensive to do this and I did get a great downpipe and exhaust I must add, the performance is just great!
Good luck.