PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent starting problem

pieguts
09-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi
My father has a Leon 06 1.9Tdi , it has a problem now and then with the engine management in as much as it wont start, and all the internal display lights up,he took it to a Seat Dealer, but by this time it had stopped playing up, and they charged him £87..:zx11:
The engine management light comes on occasionally, but he dosent know how to get it sorted being an intermittent fault,and was hoping someone might have had a similar problem.
thanks

pieguts
17-12-2008, 08:43 PM
welcome visit www.01fashionhandbags.comwe have over 9000 kinds of best quality product for you to chooseMain brand is lv gucci hermes dior chloe chanel ysl mulberry replica handbags purse wallets jewerly we can accept paypal,visa card,master card,JCB and american express...Now free chanel necklace on any order!!Choose the best products for who you care mostweb: www.01fashionhandbags.comMSN: wentingt@hotmail.comE-mail: wendy929mm@yahoo.comTEL: 347-410-9089

Great how can you help the starting problem?

Crasher
17-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Hello, sorry about the spam ******, after all we are only interested in handbags on here. Well, only at the weekend… All spammers must die!

Anyway, to your fathers car. Did he get a fault code report when he visited the dealer? I know £87 sounds excessive but that is the going Seat dealer rate for a fault coder read whether it finds a code or not, that is how the fault finding process has to start. An independent would charge about £30. What is the cars engine code?

zollaf
17-12-2008, 09:04 PM
i think hes saying if you buy the car a new handbag, it will start properly:aargh4:

pieguts
17-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks...No he didnt get a fault code as nothing was showing when he took it in,it is an intermittent fault and they say they can only get a code when it is actually playing up.

Crasher
18-12-2008, 12:14 AM
The system stores the fault code in a non volatile memory so if there are no codes, it is a problem outside the abilities of the ECU to pick it up BUT if the management warning light comes on, it will store a code. I don’t think he is being told the truth, it doesn’t sound right.

pieguts
18-12-2008, 12:38 AM
The system stores the fault code in a non volatile memory so if there are no codes, it is a problem outside the abilities of the ECU to pick it up BUT if the management warning light comes on, it will store a code. I don’t think he is being told the truth, it doesn’t sound right.

yes that makes sense,as you say the engine management light does come on...ill have a chat with him tomorrow...thanks