PDA

View Full Version : A5. 1.8 petrol. Or 2.7 Disel. ?

Shortman Samuri
09-12-2008, 11:10 AM
:1zhelp:

Hi.

Could anyone help me on this one.? I've got my heart set on a A5. But i am going to do a lot of miles per year, so running cost plays a big factor in which one i will get. Also this will be my first Audi. So could any of you be so kind as to tell me what Audi dealerships are like.?

I've had a couple of Lexus in the past. And the dealerships fall all over you. With regards to servicing and any repairs that you may need done.

Cheer's.

Neerazan
12-12-2008, 07:58 PM
:1zhelp:

Hi.

Could anyone help me on this one.? I've got my heart set on a A5. But i am going to do a lot of miles per year, so running cost plays a big factor in which one i will get. Also this will be my first Audi. So could any of you be so kind as to tell me what Audi dealerships are like.?

I've had a couple of Lexus in the past. And the dealerships fall all over you. With regards to servicing and any repairs that you may need done.

Cheer's.

Previous to my S5 I had an IS250SEL-MM which was an incredible car and I agree that the dealerships gives you a first class service.

The 1.8 A5 isn't in production anymore, so if you are looking for a new car, you'll have to get the 2 litre instead. The Quattro aspect will eat into fuel economy too.

The 2 litre comes in two variants, the 180PS and the 211PS. The quoted fuel economy figures are very similar at about 42mpg combined for either one. I would advise against a 1.8 unless you can get a serious deal. The 2.0 puts out more power, has less CO2 emissions and only costs £200 more than a 1.8 was new.

The 2.7 diesel comes in at 190PS and about 44mpg combined but diesel is more expensive than petrol at the moment, so it might even out. The torque of the diesel is going to be better of course.

The standard baseline 2.0 has an ROTR price of £26,150 and the 2.7 diesel is £31,310.

All you have to consider is whether the extra torque and slight improvement on fuel economy is offset by the raised cost in diesel and the £5k price hike.

The 3.0 Diesel seems to be the car of choice if you are going for a diesel anyway it seems.

have a butcher's at www.a5oc.com (http://www.a5oc.com) which is the A5 owners club forums. You'll find a wealth of info and some friendly people.

Two pieces of advice about a5oc.com though, use the search facility as much as you can and make sure you update your profile with which country you live in (at least) so the forum Police don't come down on you! :D It's a worldwide site and we have people from lots of different countries, and the cars are different for different markets. It'll help us to provide a meaningful answer.

Good luck with your search and I hope you find the car for you. You really can't go wrong with an A5, they are gorgeous looking cars. :)