PDA

View Full Version : Sharan Fuse box (2nd Plea for help !!)

tonyerc
21-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Please can anyone out there help me:1zhelp: . Everywhere I try and get advice leads to no help:( ! I've tried VW dealers with no success as my Sharan is a 1996 2.0 model and therefore to old :confused:.Also Haynes dont have manuel for this model eithier. Someone out there must have a Sharan and can tell me the position of the fusebox relays !
I've even being keeping a lookout for a similiar model being driven on the road but I can't believe how rare this model is. Please please help. Ta

Dizzydave
05-04-2007, 07:34 AM
Haynes only do a manual for the Ford Galaxy which is 90% the same vehicle, the ISBN is 1 85960 984 8. You will have to shop around to get one (got mine from that popular auction site), (dont get the CD version, most of them dont work) I had a look in mine but it concentrates on 1998 onwards electrics, apparantly the relay positions were brought into a common area in 98 and an electronic switching control fitted, so presumably before that there are several smaller relay bays dotted around the vehicle manually controlled from the switches or many of the switches may act directly. Hope this helps.

aj the dj
26-02-2008, 12:27 AM
:Blush:
Please can anyone out there help me:1zhelp: . Everywhere I try and get advice leads to no help:( ! I've tried VW dealers with no success as my Sharan is a 1996 2.0 model and therefore to old :confused:.Also Haynes dont have manuel for this model eithier. Someone out there must have a Sharan and can tell me the position of the fusebox relays !
I've even being keeping a lookout for a similiar model being driven on the road but I can't believe how rare this model is. Please please help. Ta

TRY BEHIND THE FUSES. SITUATED ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE STEERING WHEEL,ABOUT KNEE HEIGHT. A MATE HAD A PROB AND FOUND THEM AT THE REAR OF THE FUSEBOARD.:confused:

joesax
18-03-2008, 06:15 PM
HI.
I own a 1998 2Ltr petrol sharan and I am in the middle of sorting out a problem i.e. cutting out whilst driving it, Ive changed the coil and dizzy and I am now looking at relay 30 which I found with great difficulty.
The proceedure to get to the relays is as follows:
Remove the panel on the right side of the steering wheel (just below knee hight)
Unclip the large metal clip to alow the unit to drop down.
At the back of the unit uncilp the two white clips where the unit pivots and then pull the unit out.
you will the see the relays.
I'm affraid a bit of force is needed.
Another tip if you for anyone having my problem is to put a direct feed to the coil with a temp switch inside the car (if it cuts whislt driving, switch the switch on,this bypasses relay 30 and proves that its faulty.
I hope this helps.
joesax.