PDA

View Full Version : Please Help R32 tuning advice (newbie alert!)

Hoppy
08-12-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm new, so please be gentle :newbie: Lots of questions, sorry!

On the brink of getting me an R32 DSG. Just got the missus an 05 TT V6 with DSG. It's friggin brilliant, especially the DSG. I like it so much I want an R32, but being used to a modded Scoob, a bit more poke would be nice :D

I know the 2.0l turbos are much easier to tune, but are they as nice to drive as the V6? Apart from being thirsty and poor on CO2, the V6 must be nicer to drive, surely? And I want 4WD.

How much power can the R32's DSG gearbox/clutch take?

I've heard AMD are good, and they do a chip and pipes for 20bhp and improved driveability. Is this worth best part of £1k? Which tuning company do you guys rate?

Can you fit the top end from an R36 Passat for an easy 300bhp? Nobody seems to have done this, so I wonder why not?

What are the OEM brakes and suspension like on an R32, when pressing on? I'm not going to track the car but I do like a dependable pedal.

Many thanks for your help chaps. I look foward to joining you soon :)

Richard.

mickys
23-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Hello Hoppy

R32 is the only one to go for if you want 4wd (same Haldex system as on the TT's)

You can normally get an easy 20bhp from a custom remap (around £350) and exhaust, induction etc from then on in you need to think large cash.

Turbos (around £12k worth!) have been fitted which in turn produce 550 bhp!, but you can also look at changing the cams?

The R32 doesn't deliver it's power like the Scoob you're used to. Its more of a GT car with progressive power all the way up the rev range.

Hoppy
24-02-2009, 04:33 AM
Thanks Mickys for troubling to reply to this. It's appreciated.

My question was posted ten weeks ago, and in the end I bought an Audi S4 last month.

mickys
24-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Must admit I havn't been on here for ages but my new car has got me invigorated! Sometimes posts are missed by people or there may not be many R32 owners round here? Seems to be plenty of TDI folk. (Which is why I origionally signed up.)

S4! Great choice, I had a test in one and the sound is beautiful!

I'll see you at the V-Power pumps no doubt?! :biglaugh:

Hoppy
24-02-2009, 11:30 AM
I'll see you at the V-Power pumps no doubt?! :biglaugh:

LOL yes! I'm thinking of having a pump installed at my house!