PDA

View Full Version : Full Respray

lucas88
08-12-2008, 01:26 PM
I wan't to have my A4 B6 S-Line fully resprayed.

Was wondering if anyone could reccomend someone/somewhere in the North West (preferably Warrington/Cheshire area)....

I spoke to a place in Manchester who quoted me £1600 labour as I'm getting the paint myself. This seemed a bit on the expensive side to me but am I underestimating the labour costs?

Cheers guys,

Lucas

lard44
08-12-2008, 06:52 PM
I'd budget a good two grand (including paint) for a proper respray - including all those hard-to-spot places that an amateur wouldn't touch - so your quote doesn't sound too far off (about £500 for paint is it?)

Any less than that and I'd be a bit worried about how good a job they would do tbh.

lucas88
09-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Yea about £4/500 for paint etc. I just wouldn't have thought it'd take so long. I know labour rates are reasonably high around here...

lard44
09-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Paintwork and respraying is one of those areas where you really do get what you pay for IMHO - if their previous work looks really smart then I'd let them do the job in the time they want.

Although given the current financial situation I can't imagine work is flooding in - is there any room for negotiation?:p