PDA

View Full Version : VW Transporter 2.5 Tdi 102BHP

hampshireuk
21-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Hi, I have a VW Transporter 2.5Tdi 102Bhp.

I haven't had it long only 4 weeks & its making a strange noise.

Here are the symptoms: When i am driving around it makes like a loud ticking noise, when i press the clutch the noise stops, when i am stationary the noise is just about in earshot, i have been told it could be the valves but i am not 100% sure as my mate is no mechanic. Would like someone on this forum to give there opinion.
I am not losing any power, fuel appears to be ok.

Looking forward to any ideas.

Thanks

t4 t0m
30-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Hiya

Does the clicking noise stop when you pump the brake also? Is the clicking noise there when you are idling but not when you are driving?

I had 2 similar noises, the first being a brake servo issue, nothing that affected any performance of the braking, but simply would silence when I pumped the brake a few times.

The second is the pulleys on your tensioner belt. If they are slightly loose they tap and click and make some noise. This is a job for when you next change your cam belt which is not a 5 min process on a T4!

If your changing your Cam Belt make sure they change your water pump at the same time, do you pulleys and tensioner and the oil seal is a good time to be done also. Total service should be no more than £500 from a private workshop, but the VW *********** will rip you big time !

Hope that helps

//t0m

macleod
28-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Hiya

Does the clicking noise stop when you pump the brake also? Is the clicking noise there when you are idling but not when you are driving?

I had 2 similar noises, the first being a brake servo issue, nothing that affected any performance of the braking, but simply would silence when I pumped the brake a few times.

The second is the pulleys on your tensioner belt. If they are slightly loose they tap and click and make some noise. This is a job for when you next change your cam belt which is not a 5 min process on a T4!

If your changing your Cam Belt make sure they change your water pump at the same time, do you pulleys and tensioner and the oil seal is a good time to be done also. Total service should be no more than £500 from a private workshop, but the VW *********** will rip you big time !

Hope that helps

//t0m

Hi i have a similar noise on hot idle at the moment was quite puzzeled by it i posted on other forums and got nowhere i find the same as the first post no loss of power not burning any oil and i am currently at 179000 miles though the noise is not always present? any ideas is it the same thing?