PDA

View Full Version : better brakes for the Bora

bora(ing) nick
21-02-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm just testing the water to try and find out how to improve the brakes on my Bora. It's the 1.9tdi PD100.

As always, i'm skint, so cheapest options are prefered!!!!

I haven't got a problem with the brakes at the minute, but i'm getting some 18"/ 19" RS8 alloys soon, and then my fiancee has kindly offered to pay for a re-map, so i'm looking into potential problems now, rather than waiting for it to become an actual problem.

I've heard that the Audi TT disc's and callipers fit straigt on, (280mm i think???) but i'm not sure what brakes are on it at the minute, or even wether the TT brakes are up to scratch for the Bora due to the weight difference???

Any help appreciated....

Thanks

Nick

Sam
21-02-2007, 01:48 PM
I recommend you start with new pads. Have a read of a few forums, see what people are suggesting then from the top 3 pick the cheapest and see how you get on.

I've heard good things about Pagid fast road pads, EBC pads and tarox pads. These all work well with OEM discs.

If you fit them yourself you'll obviously save a lot on labour.

Personally I use EBC greenstuff and Brembo MAX discs on my Passat.

devonutopia
21-02-2007, 02:33 PM
DS2500 brake pads are among the best out there. :) Made by Ferrodo.

bora(ing) nick
21-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Made by ferrodo??? int that a dragon??? lol

I'll have to do a google later....

Can i also take this oppertunity to say what a great car you have... Been admiring it for a while from a distance. I heading down to weymouth in june / july camping with my GF. i wouldn't mind having a sneaky peak under the hood while i'm in that neck of the woods, (it's closer than manchester anyway!!!).

Thanks for your suggestions so far...

Nick

bora(ing) nick
21-02-2007, 03:13 PM
I recommend you start with new pads. Have a read of a few forums, see what people are suggesting then from the top 3 pick the cheapest and see how you get on.

I've heard good things about Pagid fast road pads, EBC pads and tarox pads. These all work well with OEM discs.

If you fit them yourself you'll obviously save a lot on labour.

Personally I use EBC greenstuff and Brembo MAX discs on my Passat.

Yeah, i don't mind fitting them myself as loong as i don't need any special tools or vagcom to reset the computer for any reason???

I've done pads on all sorts of vehicles, Vaux Nova, Ford fiesta, nissan sunny, ford granada, Citreon xantia (sp?) New Vectra......

Should be able to manage, lol.

Nick

bora(ing) nick
23-02-2007, 01:34 AM
Just found out that the standard disc's on the bora are 260mm with standard OEM pads. So if the TT Disc's are larger than the Bora's and they fit on the Bora, then the TT disc's are an upgrade......, (obviously with callipers and pads).

Apparantly, they come in 280mm, and 300mm, so just have to decide how much braking i need!!!!

Thanks for your help so far,

Nick

Peely
24-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Apparently if you have 288mm discs the 312mm discs from the tt will bolt straight on just change caliper hangers. there is a chap on flebay flogging them for about £300 inc post from germany. delivery miles only thats discs, pads, hangers and calipers highly recomended.