PDA

View Full Version : 18" 225/40 On Polo 9N

ClassicoMoore
05-12-2008, 10:03 AM
Could Any1 Tell Me How To Sort My Problem Out I have a Polo And Have Fitted 18" alloys on The Problem In The Rear Passenger Wheel Rubbs Like a Bitch When Turning Any Soloutions apart from getting smaller rims?

euroslap
05-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Either get the arches rolled and pulled or get smaller rims.

Eshrules
05-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Could Any1 Tell Me How To Sort My Problem Out I have a Polo And Have Fitted 18" alloys on The Problem In The Rear Passenger Wheel Rubbs Like a Bitch When Turning Any Soloutions apart from getting smaller rims?

I would help, but I can't read what you've put, something about a female dog rubbing when you turn.

Sounds like she needs a lesson in obedience to me.

bora(ing) nick
05-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Can you see where it's rubbing?? inside or out?

Spacers may help you, but ideally your arches need to be rolled.

Also as a note, if you wheels aren't under the cover of the wheel arch, it's illegal to drive on British roads... My wheels only just come inside the arches and i have the same wheels but on a Bora!!!

Have you adjusted teh speedo? that'll be way out now, and most insurers won't cover alloy wheels more than 2" larger than factory.

Some do, (Quinn direct, being one of them) but most dont.

Looks kinda funky

What engine is in it?

Nick

euroslap
05-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Another route you could go down is tyre stretch. There's a few companies that make uber low pro 195's for 18's which will give the right ammount of tyre on the road but will tuck them underneath the arch.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e255/tincorner2/DSC03534.jpg

:D

ClassicoMoore
05-12-2008, 06:20 PM
only got a 1.2s in it nick, could any1 tell me the offset cause im just gonna buy a set of 17's but im no good with the offset and stuff haha