PDA

View Full Version : Golf Mrk 5 Speaker wiring

Matt9417
04-12-2008, 11:52 PM
I have a 2005 SDI Golf. It have looked and there are no rear speakers. I plan to buy some and put them in the rear door. What I need to know is :
1 How do I run it from the rear door to the head unit. ( I had a look today and could not work out how to get it under the carpet?)
2 When and if I get the wire to the head unit how do I add to the ISO connector block at the rear. I have seen on the rear of the unit that it takes rear speakers and where I have to put the cables +/- but what do i use to put in the ISO block and where do i buy these.
3 Im getting a RCD 300 headunit with MP3 on it any tips for using these.
4 Was wondering if I should get a IPOD adaptor. I have read you may be only able to use some playlists as oposed to what ever is on the IPOd. Is this true and what is the best one to get.
5 Could I connect a bass speaker in the rear and how would I do this.
6 I bought some speaker adaptors off E bay that are meant for my car and are 200mm. They look far too big for the rear door holes. Any ideas if I should or can use these.
I really would appreaciate any one taking the time to answer any of the above. Many thanks in advance.
Matt