PDA

View Full Version : Long wait for new car!

Dunkx
04-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Hi Everybody, I've been veiwing the forum ever since I started thinking about ordering an A4 to replace my SAAB 93 which goes back at the end of December. I finally decided at the end of October and the dealer received the order from the lease company on 29th October, the delivery date on the confirmation from the lease company was 20th January, then the dealer told me that the scheduled build was week 49, delivery by end of December, perfect! Now thay have told me that the build week is week 3 and delivery perhaps by the very end of January, I'm really disappointed by that especially as all you read about in the news is the massive downturn in car sales so I would have thought that the factory would have massive capacity, something has gone wrong I fear that they are not telling me about it? The car is a fairly standard 2.0 TDI 143bhp SE Aruba Blue, light grey sports seats, cruise control, interior lighs and storage package, so nothing unusual. Sureley this is not normal? I've had a factory built BMW in 6 weeks and the SAAB in 4 weeks, however the SAAB build quality reflected that! Interested to hear your experiences.

benjohn
04-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Sounds odd - I ordered 2.0T S-line Q Avant on 26 Oct I think it was. Estimated delivery was early Jan but got an email yesterday to say production was complete and I should have it within two weeks (in time for a very nice Xmas present!). Sounds like they may have to re-schedule production on yours

martin@wolfy
04-12-2008, 04:17 PM
The Audi factory is on closure/ short time working over Christmas according to internet news. I work in the automotive supply chain and virtually all our customer OEM's will close early for Christmas due to the downturn in sales.
This may explain why your car is delayed over the Xmas period.

Wolfy!!!!

mkc
04-12-2008, 06:01 PM
I think the average wait for a B8 has been around 8 - 12 weeks depending when it was ordered this year, some of the early ones took longer but they have improved recently.

It could be down to a number of factories having a part shift or complete shut down over christmas and new year. Perhaps they thought they could squeeze yours in but now it will be made in the new year.

It is a pain but I guess youll have two Christmas' this year! It is worth the wait. I have an Aruba blue too and Im very happy with the colour.

Dunkx
04-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Thanks for your replies, I think I'm just a bit unlucky with the timing, I spent too much time test driving other cars and I could have ordered it a few weeks earlier, it's driving me crazy now every time I see one wondering what it will be like to drive. I thought that the refinement was superb compared to the SAAB but the standard seats were uncomfortable which is why I went for the sport seats, I couldn't afford leather and had a real problem trying to find one at a dealers with them.