PDA

View Full Version : Question Misty/Ice on inside windows

JJackson
04-12-2008, 10:45 AM
I brought my Eos May 2007. I have been having problems with misty windows and in cold weather they ice over. The car has been back to the garage, been stripped down to locate problem and had various seals to the doors replaced and all carpets as there was moisture in car. However during the last few days it has started to happen again. Has anyone else experienced this.

Car has previously had all roof seals replaced as water was entering where roof joins the windscreen. :confused:

netherfield
06-01-2009, 01:19 PM
If you want to have an Eos,you have to learn to live with it or keep it in a garage.

Ours got water in because the window stopped jumping up when the door was closed,and then the drivers side carpet was flooded.

Once the new Golf gets established it will be gone.

Tortoise34
17-01-2009, 02:14 PM
I had the same ice problem and lots of moisture on the inside of the sunroof also had water in the boot. Dealership replaced the boot rubbers and so far it's kept dry.

Poopedmummy
25-02-2009, 03:05 PM
My car has been at VW since 12th Jan having discovered mats frozen to the carpet and ice inside the windscreen. Apparently it is leaking in 4 places, one of which is a windscreen seal which VW are in the process of modifying. I was originally told this part would be coming from Germany mid February but have been told today that it is likely to be 1st April! So, nearly 3 months without my car BEFORE the part has even arrived!

Very, very fed up. Completely lost faith in the car - don't know what to do next.

x

netherfield
25-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Solved it,got rid of the car.

onzarob
25-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Solved it,got rid of the car.

Well not complete, just not yours. To be honest once a car is wet it will take ages to dry out.

I have had softops in the past and have accepted a certain amount of damp as you can't make the roof fold up without affecting the ability for water to get in.