PDA

View Full Version : AUDI TT-is it comfy to drive?

sabikeuk
03-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Hi all,

I am interesting to buy used audi TT (currently GOLF MKIV) and I have heard that TT is quite firm and not very comfortable to drive.

My golf is quite soft, I would prefer it have firmer.

What I am afraid is that TT is very firm and I will feel every hole in road or just stone.

Could you let me know how is it to drive it please?

Thanks,

Dan

kite
03-12-2008, 06:04 PM
I find the TT uncomfortable to drive.
because the wife doesn't like me to adjust her seat.

adamss24
03-12-2008, 06:13 PM
I find the TT uncomfortable to drive.
because the wife doesn't like me to adjust her seat.

Thats why i have memory seats on my car(a6)a remote to store the settings I choose, one for her settings..She does not drive it anyway...

audipersempre
08-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Bought one for my other half a few years ago TT180 on 16 inch wheels. the ride was firm but not too hard. Changed to 17 inch wheels because they looked better and it really firmed up the ride to the point where it could be a little uncomfortable. I imaging 18 inch wheels are even worse (but look even better!).

If you are looking at a model with the moer basic 16 inch wheels you might want to stick with them as the extra rubber height does cushion the ride more.

sabikeuk
08-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Bought one for my other half a few years ago TT180 on 16 inch wheels. the ride was firm but not too hard. Changed to 17 inch wheels because they looked better and it really firmed up the ride to the point where it could be a little uncomfortable. I imaging 18 inch wheels are even worse (but look even better!).

If you are looking at a model with the moer basic 16 inch wheels you might want to stick with them as the extra rubber height does cushion the ride more.

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I am thinking to go for 16" wheels and 180 TT, that combination looks like most comfortable.
Anyway it is sport car so I don't people to put 18" on it:D.

Dan

Moro Anis
08-12-2008, 11:43 PM
I have a 180TT quattro with 18" wheels and often do 200 mile journeys. I don't find it all harsh, hard or uncomfortable and had quite plush cars before it for the past 16 years. Handling and grip is fantastic.

MadMacStew
30-12-2008, 11:51 AM
I have a 180TT quattro with 18" wheels and often do 200 mile journeys. I don't find it all harsh, hard or uncomfortable and had quite plush cars before it for the past 16 years. Handling and grip is fantastic.
Interesting. My wife had a 2003 180 Quattro with the then default 18" wheels and Sport suspension, and it was harsh as hell compared to my A4 on the same size wheels. My wife now drives a 'last of the line' 2006 190 front-drive with the 16" wheels, and the difference is amazing! No problems any more with car park speed bumps smashing straight into your spine, and if anything the grip is better, especially in the wet.