PDA

View Full Version : Question Sport Package

KNuss
02-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey guys.

I'm looking to buy a b6 3.0 Quattro 6-Speed and have a few questions.
I've searched the forum but have not been able to find the answers I'm looking for.

What is a definitive way to tell if the car you're looking at has the sport package besides for driving it? I know the ultrasport has different wheels and that the sport has 17" wheels, but besides for these differences what else will tell you that it's not a non-sport car?

Second question... Are there any major differences between a 2003-2004? I thought they added 6 speed in 2004, but I think I've seen some 2003's with 6 speed. Any other major changes?

Thanks for your help.

Kevin

bez101
02-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Hey guys.

I'm looking to buy a b6 3.0 Quattro 6-Speed and have a few questions.
I've searched the forum but have not been able to find the answers I'm looking for.

What is a definitive way to tell if the car you're looking at has the sport package besides for driving it? I know the ultrasport has different wheels and that the sport has 17" wheels, but besides for these differences what else will tell you that it's not a non-sport car?

Second question... Are there any major differences between a 2003-2004? I thought they added 6 speed in 2004, but I think I've seen some 2003's with 6 speed. Any other major changes?

Thanks for your help.

Kevin

1 easy to check its a sport is to look at the V5 it tells u there if no v5 present i wouldnt even buy personaly but do a car check it will comfirm sport se etc iv got a 2003 avant with 6 speed box but also a 2003 cab with 5 speed box

Mr_Meeks
03-12-2008, 01:07 PM
By sports package i'm guessing you mean S-line well 1st off the car will be S-line badged all around the car and maybe on steering wheel, sline also comes with 18" alloys and stiffer sports suspension, also check if there is a sports function on the gearbox as mine does but im not sure if this is the case with larger engine sizes.. hope this helps..

Issac Hunt
03-12-2008, 01:13 PM
[quote=Mr_Meeks;278542]By sports package i'm guessing you mean S-line well 1st off the car will be S-line badged all around the car and maybe on steering wheel, sline also comes with 18" alloys and stiffer sports [quote]

My previous S-Line A4 came with 17's, 18's werent standard fit. No badges on the steering wheel either. the best way is checking the V5 and check the factory options sticker in the boot to confirm what it came from the factory with.

KNuss
03-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the responses guys.

I think as was mentioned above, the best way to do it is check the sticker in the back and use a website like this:

http://www.bitnet.ro/vw/datasticker/

If you put in the info off the sticker it tells you everything about the car.

coolio
03-12-2008, 02:44 PM
By sports package i'm guessing you mean S-line well 1st off the car will be S-line badged all around the car and maybe on steering wheel, sline also comes with 18" alloys and stiffer sports suspension, also check if there is a sports function on the gearbox as mine does but im not sure if this is the case with larger engine sizes.. hope this helps..

S Line is different to the Sport.

Mr_Meeks
03-12-2008, 02:59 PM
S Line is different to the Sport.

oh ok what is the Sport model? i always thought s-line stands for "sports-line" guess i was wrong, what the fifference between the two then..

CMD
03-12-2008, 05:16 PM
I also have A4 S-Lline 54 reg and like mr meek & issac said there are s-line badges in most places steering wheel ect ect .But i do have one qestion i don't have a s-line emblem on the boot of the car ??? i have bought an emblem from my main dealer ,but were does it go on the boot ??Does it go under the A4 emblem or under the 1.8T emblem.Please help...
'

omegadirective
03-12-2008, 05:22 PM
I also have A4 S-Lline 54 reg and like mr meek & issac said there are s-line badges in most places steering wheel ect ect .But i do have one qestion i don't have a s-line emblem on the boot of the car ??? i have bought an emblem from my main dealer ,but were does it go on the boot ??Does it go under the A4 emblem or under the 1.8T emblem.Please help...
'

Under the 1.8T normally. Although I didn't think they came with an S-LINE badge on the rear as standard? I thought it was doors/sills, front grill and interior badging.

Mr_Meeks
03-12-2008, 05:39 PM
'

my doesn't have the s-line badge on the rear but i was looking to buy one from ebay to place on, i dont think they are ment to have them on the rear but i think it will look nice.
Def placing it under the 1.8T emblem just like the quattro emblem

coolio
03-12-2008, 09:56 PM
oh ok what is the Sport model? i always thought s-line stands for "sports-line" guess i was wrong, what the fifference between the two then..

For the cabriolet, there really aren't tha many knocking about...SLine that is. As you sid, thngs like the wheels, and badge tell them apart.

Most of the Cabriolets are Sport, as opposed to even the non Sport.

I know Parkers isn't the most accurate for data but it gives you an idea of the differences, and the Cab models available fo the B6.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/audi/a4-cabriolet-2001.aspx?model=59&page=7

kite
03-12-2008, 09:58 PM
I think the B6 was available as .....
Standard
SE
Sport
Was the B6 made as an S-Line ?

bez101
03-12-2008, 10:08 PM
yeah the b6 was made in s-line

danclyon
03-12-2008, 10:34 PM
I think the B6 was available as .....
Standard
SE
Sport
Was the B6 made as an S-Line ?

Very late 2004 seems to have been the transition. I have a 1st December 2004 reg A4 Sport. I've seen one registered the same week, but that must have been ordered a couple of weeks later than mine and that's an S-Line with the bades in all the right places......although it appears to be totally identical to the Sport except the badges. Possibly more enginer tweakery but otherwise it looked identical sat by mine at the dealers...

Cheers,
Dan.

Mr_Meeks
04-12-2008, 12:45 PM
I know this is a completely different question but what is the "Electric lumbar support" apparently i should have it on my car but i dont know what it is and were the controls are???? :dunno:

bez101
04-12-2008, 01:44 PM
I know this is a completely different question but what is the "Electric lumbar support" apparently i should have it on my car but i dont know what it is and were the controls are???? :dunno:
its on your seats front only on the right hand side u should have a round button u can move it up its for the lumbar in the back ov the seat

docurley
04-12-2008, 02:51 PM
I have a S-Line and the badge is on the doors and side steps thats all.

coolio
04-12-2008, 04:37 PM

As per Bez said, in the drivers seat, down the right hand side, near the other electric seat controls. It's like a wheel with 4 indented little finger buttons.