PDA

View Full Version : EGR Function Reduction - Allard Bypass

LeeS
02-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Hi,

I'm considering an Allard EGR bypass for our '05 2.0 GT TDI Golf. Contacted Allard and you have to turn off/reduce the ECU EGR function or it'll bring a light on.

I've seen that this can be acheived with earlier models/engines, but cannot find a posting relating to this subject and the 2.0 TDI - can it be done & how easy? [have VAG-COM], also any known risks?

Cheers

Lee

adamss24
02-12-2008, 01:27 PM
I think you wont be able to turn the MIL light off. It can be turned off on selected EDC15 ECUs but wont work in EDC16 ECUs. There were PD engines fitted with the older ECU but not shure on yours. On later EDC15 ecu as fitted on 1.9 PD Tdi engines the adjustment procedure with vag com would trigger a fault code, nothing more...

stonedagain
02-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi,

I'm considering an Allard EGR bypass for our '05 2.0 GT TDI Golf. Contacted Allard and you have to turn off/reduce the ECU EGR function or it'll bring a light on.

I've seen that this can be acheived with earlier models/engines, but cannot find a posting relating to this subject and the 2.0 TDI - can it be done & how easy? [have VAG-COM], also any known risks?

Cheers

Lee
Save your time & money by removing the rubber vac pipe from the EGR valve & blanking it off with a small bolt. This does exactly the same job.