PDA

View Full Version : Is the Scirocco Selling?

ashadam
01-12-2008, 06:08 PM
I personally did not think it has been selling that well only because you hardly see them and I can not think of a dealer I have driven past without one on the forecourt (Not showroom).

Now we get a Limited Edition months after launching.

http://allworldcars.com/wordpress/?p=8703

ryancooke
01-12-2008, 08:07 PM
we have had another 2 come through our work just this week, so i am guessing there selling quite well

ashadam
01-12-2008, 09:38 PM
we have had another 2 come through our work just this week, so i am guessing there selling quite well

2 sounds good If it was a Maybach although we are talking about a vw.

ryancooke
01-12-2008, 10:32 PM
yeah 2 allready this week, as in its monday, and 2 have come through :boggled: and i only work by one sales place, never mind the god knows how many other VW dearlerships in the uk

wigit
02-12-2008, 02:35 PM
given dealers typically had an allocation of three this year they aint ever going to be a massive over supply, dealers are shifting their demos now, limited edition is 100 units in germany so not too worried, fewer the better if you ask me, people aint buying cars at the moment, not seen many 58 plate gtis either

penrecon
03-12-2008, 09:13 PM
given dealers typically had an allocation of three this year they aint ever going to be a massive over supply, dealers are shifting their demos now, limited edition is 100 units in germany so not too worried, fewer the better if you ask me, people aint buying cars at the moment, not seen many 58 plate gtis either

Not seen many 58 plate anythings!

So it's hardly surprising not to have seen Sciroccos out in the wild is it?

ryancooke
03-12-2008, 09:19 PM
our branch deffo hasnt has 3, more like 30, ok i may be exaggerating a bit, there must have been around 15 come through here so far.

as for the 58 plate's there has been quite a few new truck loads come through last month, but now they have slowed down a bit and staying in our compound, but it usually does this time of year now anyway

ryancooke
09-12-2008, 07:34 PM
found this at work this morning, one white scirocco had allready come off (a white 2.0tdi gt). Then another 4 white ones, a blue one, a red one and the opal silver one, along with the passat and the r50 touareg http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/clapclap.gif what a car it is.

i would say there selling quite well, wont you.............

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s22/ryancooke/Image076-1.jpg

Lemonslap
11-12-2008, 12:24 AM
I have seen quite a few about including a brand new grey one stacked into a road sign in Esher Surrey the other day....

iambu
11-12-2008, 06:55 PM
I have seen quite a few about including a brand new grey one stacked into a road sign in Esher Surrey the other day....
:(

mister.c.
12-12-2008, 12:50 AM
I've heard about some excellent discounts being offered on the ex demos and broadspeed offer approx £1500 off the 2.0T GT spec and similar on all others. I remember it being hard work at the beginning to get anything more than mats!

So whether they are not selling, or VW over supplied, or they are selling but VW are having a reality check in the price they are prepared to get - well I don't know!

Not seen one on the road other than the one I had for 48 hours!

jamesalex
01-01-2009, 12:27 PM
I think the first batches delivered to UK dealers were registered as demos and are now on VW site as second hand / pre reg cars. VW were quoting 6-8 weeks for new orders with only single figure cars usually with leather ints. There is a better availability showing now so i guess its down to the numbers VW had ready at launch.

ashadam
01-01-2009, 01:30 PM
I've heard about some excellent discounts being offered on the ex demos and broadspeed offer approx £1500 off the 2.0T GT spec and similar on all others. I remember it being hard work at the beginning to get anything more than mats!

So whether they are not selling, or VW over supplied, or they are selling but VW are having a reality check in the price they are prepared to get - well I don't know!

Nothing to do with it they are just not selling, thats what drives discounts in the car industry nothing else. SG Smith in Crystal Palace had a demo with 1100 miles on it originally up at £23.5k sold last week for £16.5 2.0 Tsi.

jamesalex
01-01-2009, 03:33 PM
I think dealers are having hardtimes on their overdrafts ?? Once they register a car they have to pay VW for it within 2 weeks wether thay sell it or not. They are targeted quaterly i think to have certain numbers registered and if they dont hit it they miss out on a stack of cash. This is why you will get dealers getting rid of cars at a loss sometimes as it means they will hit their bigger target -- bigger payout.

graememwagg
13-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Interestingly, my Scirocco ordered in Oct is already at a nearby storage facility ready for PDI. Just before Christmas 08, I checked at the dealer to ensure it was ordered and there were no problems, I was told that production was being brought forward and the delivery times/ lead times were reducing. When I ordered there was a minimum of a 3 month wait. My plan was to have an 09 plate so it won’t be registered until March. My dealer would rather shift it now but finances and that 09 plate are limiting factors for me.
I’m really pleased that there hardly seems to be any on the road. I only see about one every two weeks or so (and I cover over 500 miles a week)! Makes seeing one more special. I too have noticed dealers selling ex-demo cars, but I’ve not really noticed any special pricing on these or new! On pricing – be sure that the new VAT rate is used, it makes a fair bit of difference especially when you’re talking £23k+!! I’m not counting but only 6 week 5 days to collection!! :D

maisbitt
27-01-2009, 12:38 PM
I haven't seen a single scirocco out on the open road. Our local dealer has 3 - one pre registered 2.0TSI GT, one "new" 140TDI GT and one "New" 140TDI standard spec.

The standard one doesn't really suffer in the looks department as it has nice alloys, the only thing noticeable from the outside is the lack of front fogs. These are ornaments really - I have only had a valid reason to use mine twice in 18 months on my Golf GT Sport.

The new Golf GT looks so bland - was it made that way to push Golf GT prospective buyers who don't need the rear room into buying a Scirocco maybe?

I had a good look at the Scirocco and will probably get one in Sept if they announce a 170TDI. The dealer said that they are allocated only 17 Sciroccos this year, and I would not get a discount on one of those. If I were to buy one that they "snatched" on the national computer that wasn't allocated to a dealer then I was told that I could get around 8% off. Looks like the crdit crunch desperation in the car industry hasn't hit VW dealers yet.

If these cars are so rare on the road through lack of interest then i doubt they'll achieve their estimated 60% retained value after 3 years. Still not sure whetehr they're not that well received, whether VW are creating the rarity with teh numbers they're letting out in the UK this year, or whether car sales in general are just a casualty of the credit crunch. I still want one though!

onemanparty
31-01-2009, 08:36 PM

Why use a Broker? You should negotiate with a VW retailer you get a better deal

willo69
27-04-2009, 10:25 PM
When i bought my 2.0 Gt Tsi in feb I was told by the dealer that every dealer is only allocated 35 cars a year. to keep the residuials high.....is this true??? I have seen a few knocking about but not many...which i'm happy about to be honest....love the car but hate the daytime running lights!!!

wigit
27-04-2009, 10:59 PM
willo69 the figures are in keeping with my dealer, ie they get 3 a month, residuals on rocs in the short term took a hit with the press fleet, staff cars and dealer demos hit the forecourts when no one was buying so values took a nose dive (as all cars did) but have been recovering

i have had my drls disabled all be it there is inconsistency amongst dealers on will they or won't they do it and do they charge, you can do it through vagcom

maisbitt
28-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Willo,

VW couldn't care less about residuals. If they could get each dealer to sell 350 a year they would do so - as a corporation they are interested in making profit. They wouldn't deliberately deprive themselves of sales just so your Scirocco is worth 2 grand more than the equivalent Golf after 3 years.

Residuals are something the buyer has to think about, not the retailer. On the other hand, if the residuals are so high that buying a year old one isn't much cheaper than a new one then people will buy the new one if they can afford it.

Once more of these cars get out on the road then the residuals will take a hit - the Mini once had 70% residuals when BMW couldn't make them fast enough, not any more.

Current dealerships allocations are more likely to be based more upon current output capability being low for the Scirocco.

The whole dealership "can't sell it for less than retail as I have a low allocation this year" is pretty unbelievable. UKNEWCARS, BROADSPEED etc are all giving £1700+ discounts on Scirocco right now. They only need to be £300 cheaper than a dealer's best offer to get people to go to them instead. If the Scirocco was steadfastly stuck at retail price in all dealers then those internet brokers would only be offering you £500 off list to make it worth your while going to them instead of the dealer.