PDA

View Full Version : Audi a4 or golf

smep
01-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Hello, I am considering trading in my a4 tdi sport 04 reg with 32k miles for a 07 GT tdi golf .I have been offered 8k as a trade against 12k .Which would mean a big loss as I bought the audi for 11k less than a year ago.As I am not a mechanic I don't want to get into big repair costs.If this is appropriate for this site I would welcome any views apart that is for telling me that I am crazy for wasting so much money!! Thanks Steve.

ashadam
01-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Hello, I am considering trading in my a4 tdi sport 04 reg with 32k miles for a 07 GT tdi golf .I have been offered 8k as a trade against 12k .Which would mean a big loss as I bought the audi for 11k less than a year ago.As I am not a mechanic I don't want to get into big repair costs.If this is appropriate for this site I would welcome any views apart that is for telling me that I am crazy for wasting so much money!! Thanks Steve.

ANy reason why you are changing so soon, no car is ever going to be cheap to change now anywa. The 07 tdi what model is it and what is the spec.

smep
01-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Hello ,Thanks for getting back.Thought that the mileage on mine might be getting to much .The golf might be a better bet financially in the long run and it has done 10k miles.It is a GT tdi with I think sports seats 17" alloys and cloth interior with a sept o7 reg.Thanks Steve smep@smep.karoo.co.uk

STEWY L
01-12-2008, 06:37 PM
read your last sentence again!
35k too much!!!
it's just slackened off!!!
keep your A4 and use the cash elsewhere.
i certainly wouldn't change in those circumstances,
regards,
stewy.

paul b
01-12-2008, 08:18 PM
32k? A lot of miles... is it heck! It'll run for a long, long time yet.

If I was you I would get another couple of years out of the A4 seen as you haven't had it that long.

Paul

Matt_130
01-12-2008, 09:25 PM
I personally concider any diesel with less the 50k on the clock not even run in!

As said by others if i were you i'd keep the a4 and get a few more years out of it.

ashadam
01-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Hello ,Thanks for getting back.Thought that the mileage on mine might be getting to much .The golf might be a better bet financially in the long run and it has done 10k miles.It is a GT tdi with I think sports seats 17" alloys and cloth interior with a sept o7 reg.Thanks Steve smep@smep.karoo.co.uk

Thats sounds like a sport steve diesel golfs are certainly holding there money at the moment but I dont think it is worth changing until mk6 then you should get some proper savings.

smep
01-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Sounds like the consensus advice is to keep for now thanks for this helps to keep me in control of my wallet the golf does look good though !!

I appreciate the supportive comments.

Regards, Steve.

RichardCranium
02-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Keep it, keep it, keep it. ;) We had an 05 plate A4 2.0tdi SE in our fleet until this year. It had well over 100k on the clock within 3 years. It got better and better the more miles were put on it.

Anyway, I know the government is trying to get us to spend, but surely now is not a good time to get trading in, especially on a golf that will, as already said, do a better job of holding value than a lot of other 2nd hand cars out there

smep
02-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Again thanks I think I will keep it and try to get some upgrades possibly leather seats from someplace and a decent cd / radio set up.So again any advice on sourcing this would be gratefully received.Regards,Steve.