PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Audi A3 1.8T headers?

turbocharger
30-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Hello im the new guy around here
I own a 1998 A3 1.8T manual 150bhp and would like to squeeze a little more power out of that 20v engine..been thinkin of headers,sports air filter or how bout putting a TT turbocharger? Do you suggest anything else? And will the sound of the headers cover up the sound of the turbo?

Crasher
01-12-2008, 12:56 AM
There are literally dozens of companies offering tubular manifolds and turbo upgrade kits for that engine, the choice is bewildering and it all comes down to how much you want to spend. The TT turbo for a 180PS engine is nearly identical to yours and the 225PS engine turbo involves a lot more than just the turbo. By “headers” do you mean pre or post turbo, my understanding of headers comes from American muscle car mags and is tubular manifolds from the head to the front pipe and not with a turbo.

turbocharger
02-12-2008, 08:19 AM
hey man thanks for replying
Please keep in mind that i live in Lebanon, Beirut..So shipping parts are not so easy.. I just want a few tricks that I can do with my A3 which would squeeze a little bit more power out of it..

Crasher
02-12-2008, 12:58 PM
The easiest thing would be a remap (should give you around 190PS) but even that may be hard to get done in Beirut. We don’t appreciate how easy life is in the UK compared to the virtual war zone you live in. If you can have a small packages sent out and returned securely, send your ECU to one of the hundreds of chip tuners in Europe but be careful that it does not get lost, if it does you will be in a world of hurt.