PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Random alarm triggering 07 Jetta 1.9TDI SE

Jettadame
30-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Hi, Am new here so go easy please.
I have Jetta 1.9TDI SE on 2007 plate, which am very impressed with. Unfortunately the alarm has now started to randomly trigger with no interference or tampering, there is no specific time or location that this occurs, completely random. :confused: :aargh4:

The only thing I can so to speak see is the boot internal light has stopped working, is this a possible cause? (apologies if that sounds dumb :o).

Is it possible to lock the car without activating the alarm?

Would attempting to lock and arm the car with the spare key make any difference?

Any other clues you knowledgable VW people could help with as to a possible cause until I can get the car back into the dealer?

Thanks in hope of your knowledge.

kenney
30-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi The boot light is activated by a micro swicth in the tailgate lock,which in turn can be the culprite which is activating your alarm.A fault code reading will show what is activating the alarm

Jettadame
30-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks kenney.
I'm still taking car in for dealer to check tomorrow.
Without pushing my luck, I've locked and armed the car with the spare key and so far no alarm going off.????

Will update what dealer has to say in hope of helping others in the future.

I also did the usual thing....post here first...then search the forum, looks like theres a whole host of possibilities to the cause.

Jettadame
30-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Small update:
Alarm not gone off since trying with the spare key (well over 1 hour).
However, unlocked the car and opened the boot, this time the boot light came on, previously hadn't!?!. Then closed the boot and reopened and since then no light on in the boot. Am only guessing but I do wonder if its a faulty connection to the boot area? Again will update post dealer visit.

One more question (not alarm related), but when I first bought the car the boot used to open fully via the keyfob button, now though the boot only opens slightly and does not open fully. Should the boot open fully as part of the keyfob button operation?

Thanks

Jettadame

Jettadame
02-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Car checked out at dealer, no fault codes logged or found.
However after a little searching, it was found that the wiring which runs from the main body to the boot lid (seen to be encased in a rubber booting on the left hand side of the boot) had frayed internally and was short circuiting allowing the alarm to trigger and the boot light working on and off. All repaired and okay.:D

Technician mentioned that he had come across this before on Jetta's and Passat's.

Locking the car with the spare keyfob makes no difference.

Hoepfully this might help others in the same predicament.